Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "767-300 Hawaiian Air Seating and what's it like" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "767-300 Hawaiian Air Seating and what's it like" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by fishy21
Does anyone know if HA is planning on replacing their 767? Lovely airline, but some of these 767's are getting pretty old. Was not a very comfortable flight. Still beats a 757 on UA though.
HA continues to replace the 767s with A330s. It also has orders for many new A321s, which may replace some of the widebodies on flights between Hawaii and the West Coast.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Hi,

do all Hawaiian Airlines 767-300s have winglets?
Do they all have the Boeing Signature Interior (777 style interior)?
I know there is no PTVs, but is there a moving map on the main screens?

Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 7:54 pm
azj

Originally Posted by LY777
Hi,

do all Hawaiian Airlines 767-300s have winglets?
Do they all have the Boeing Signature Interior (777 style interior)?
I know there is no PTVs, but is there a moving map on the main screens?

Thanks!
No, only 8 of the 12 have winglets. There's actually 3 interiors within the fleet. There are 4 built before the signature interiors, then the 3 with the after market mod that looks like the signature interior and then the 5 that were delivered with the signature interior. Only 1 of the planes has the moving map feature, that is 583, an ex-LTU plane, which is leaving the fleet in 2016.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by azj
No, only 8 of the 12 have winglets. There's actually 3 interiors within the fleet. There are 4 built before the signature interiors, then the 3 with the after market mod that looks like the signature interior and then the 5 that were delivered with the signature interior. Only 1 of the planes has the moving map feature, that is 583, an ex-LTU plane, which is leaving the fleet in 2016.
Thanks.
Do winglets-equipped a/c serve specific market?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 7:55 am
azj

Thanks.
Do winglets-equipped a/c serve specific market?
No, not really, they're seen in all the markets the 767 serves. The ex-Delta, GE powered planes with no winglets are ones that serve a more specific role. They're definitely relegated to the domestic markets and lately have been doing a lot of the OGG flying to SJC and OAK. HNL-SMF, OAK and when it was running SJC also often sees these planes. Occasionally they'll go to PHX in the winter and are often seen in LAX because they have the highest seating capacity. These planes (4) are the ones currently up next for retirement.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Originally Posted by azj
No, not really, they're seen in all the markets the 767 serves. The ex-Delta, GE powered planes with no winglets are ones that serve a more specific role. They're definitely relegated to the domestic markets and lately have been doing a lot of the OGG flying to SJC and OAK. HNL-SMF, OAK and when it was running SJC also often sees these planes. Occasionally they'll go to PHX in the winter and are often seen in LAX because they have the highest seating capacity. These planes (4) are the ones currently up next for retirement.
Are the ex-DL planes due for another (costly) heavy maintenance check soon? Those birds are owned outright by HA, so that's the only reason I can think why those four would be next to go instead of some of the other leased 767s still in the fleet.

Also, at 27+ yrs old, those ex-DL birds are the oldest 767-300s still in active service. Just a factoid...
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:16 pm

Thanks!
Will HA withdraw some 763s this year?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 8:35 pm
azj

Originally Posted by asu-ua772
Are the ex-DL planes due for another (costly) heavy maintenance check soon? Those birds are owned outright by HA, so that's the only reason I can think why those four would be next to go instead of some of the other leased 767s still in the fleet.

Also, at 27+ yrs old, those ex-DL birds are the oldest 767-300s still in active service. Just a factoid...
They're old and require a lot of TLC and maintenance as they age. They're apparently being flown up until when they're due for another heavy mx check and then being retired.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 8:37 pm
azj

Thanks!
Will HA withdraw some 763s this year?
One left active flying at the end of 2013 and is being readied to ferry out of Hawaii. Two more are scheduled to leave in 2014 and 3 in 2015, including one of the winglet planes.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:31 pm

Thanks for the info.
I saw the seat Map on seat guru and they only display one 763 configuration. Is there only one?
Also, is that true that the Y seats located on the first mini-cabin have a reduced pitch compared to the other Y seats?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:18 pm
azj

Thanks for the info.
I saw the seat Map on seat guru and they only display one 763 configuration. Is there only one?
Also, is that true that the Y seats located on the first mini-cabin have a reduced pitch compared to the other Y seats?
Seat guru is notoriously wrong and I actually no longer consult them if I need accurate and up to date information.

There are currently 3 configurations. 3 planes with 18/234, 1 with 18/241 and the rest with 18/246. I haven't noticed the mini Y cabin having less pitch.

Last edited by azj; Jan 28, 2014 at 5:02 am
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by azj
Originally Posted by asu-ua772

They're old and require a lot of TLC and maintenance as they age. They're apparently being flown up until when they're due for another heavy mx check and then being retired.
The announcement about the FAA ordering an airworthiness directive for 767s got its share of coverage on this morning's news in Hawaii, with mention that along with the big US and Japanese carriers flying a bunch of them (including to HNL), HA has 14 left. I suppose a tail-section rivet check doesn't rise to the level of a heavy mx check, of course... but I wonder how easy it will be for HA to check them all without impacting the schedule.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:03 am
azj

Originally Posted by DanTravels
The announcement about the FAA ordering an airworthiness directive for 767s got its share of coverage on this morning's news in Hawaii, with mention that along with the big US and Japanese carriers flying a bunch of them (including to HNL), HA has 14 left. I suppose a tail-section rivet check doesn't rise to the level of a heavy mx check, of course... but I wonder how easy it will be for HA to check them all without impacting the schedule.
At the moment there is a lot of slack in the 767 schedule. Taking one out of service shouldn't be an issue.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by azj
At the moment there is a lot of slack in the 767 schedule. Taking one out of service shouldn't be an issue.
That's great to hear (and a little surprising, given that in years past HA didn't often really have a spare, and one ship getting delayed could have ripples for days).
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by azj
Seat guru is notoriously wrong and I actually no longer consult them if I need accurate and up to date information.

There are currently 3 configurations. 3 planes with 18/234, 1 with 18/241 and the rest with 18/246. I haven't noticed the mini Y cabin having less pitch.
Thanks.
Which is config of the oldest 763s (the ones with the old bins)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.