Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HA F class interisland.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

HA F class interisland.

Aloha! to everyone. I'm stopping by from the US Airways forum. I have a quick queston. How is the 717 F service from Maui to Kauai( I think this is via HNL)? Does the 717 offer a different seat in F? Is there any food or snack basket in F? Any special drinks? Are you allowed to use lounges at the airports? Does anyone have any pics to show?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:41 pm

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Holding a HA i/i F BP gives one lounge access w/soft drinks and pretzels; on-board free beer and wine, pretzels or a biscotti; a larger seat, and priority boarding. HA Plat.'s get u/g for free, when available. Most think it's not worth the cash, but if you've got it, flaunt it! Is it better to fly i/i F than Y? Of course it is. Is it worth it? You decide. Hope this helped!
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:41 pm

Most service is via HNL although HA also has non-stop. It's either two 20-ish minute flights or one 35-ish minute flight.

Rows 1 and 2. 2x2 instead of 3x2 in Y. No special snacks - just a little cracker snack mix (instead of peanuts). They serve free alcohol and their other normal drinks (coffee usually only in the AM unless your flight crew happens to like coffee). Row 1 is against the forward wall obviously, and their is no overhead available, so row 2 works better.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by jtkauai
Row 1 is against the forward wall obviously, and their is no overhead available, so row 2 works better.
Also the ceiling is lower over rows 1/2 than over rows 4+ so the "row 3" bin above the back of row 2 has a little more space vertically, handy for big carryons.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Usually speaking, if you can milk the two flights (perhaps in terms of alcohol), then it might be worth it. Otherwise, generally speaking, the flight(s) is (are) so short, it's not worth it. However, having priority access to things (boarding, lounge access) can be a a good selling point.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 11:13 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The legroom in row 1 is terrible if you're at all on the tall side.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
How tall is tall?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 1:28 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Originally Posted by slippahs
How tall is tall?
6' 1" is definitely tall. You can't stretch your legs at all. I'm guessing anyone taller than 5'6" would find it pretty squinchy.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 1:39 am

We're tall - 6' and 6'4, and while I'd generally agree about bulkhead leg room, for 20 minutes, it doesn't matter that much to me. I'd rather have row 2 though for the leg room, but mostly because I can stash the carryon's under the seat easily.

I find F interisland less stressful because I can get off first and never have to worry about the 3 side with another person if the plane is full. The amenities, if you'll excuse the expression, are definitely not the draw. Also, unless you're Pualani, F is the only way you can board early, and have yucky lounge access.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 1:41 am

I agree with you on all counts and for the same reasons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.