Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Air to Papeete, Tahiti

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:01 pm
tol
Original Poster

Hawaiian Air to Papeete, Tahiti

Has Anyone flown HA to PPT? I'm considering a trip this December to either Hawaii or French Polynesia . I'll be flying out of LAS (preferably) or LAX.

My questions;
1) Business class on HA is 2200$ Is it basicly domestic F class?

2) This is my first time to any Pacific island. Is Bora Bora that much "better" than Hawaii that it justifies the greater travel time and expense?

Thanx in advance for any info or opinions.

TOL

Last edited by slippahs; Nov 14, 2006 at 1:02 am
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by tol
Has Anyone flown HA to PPT? I'm considering a trip this December to either Hawaii or French Polynesia . I'll be flying out of LAS (preferably) or LAX.

My questions;
1) Business class on HA is 2200$ Is it basicly domestic F class?
Yes, with a slightly up-scale meal. However, expect standard domestic first class seating (unlike CO/AA/NW).
Originally Posted by tol
2) This is my first time to any Pacific island. Is Bora Bora that much "better" than Hawaii that it justifies the greater travel time and expense?
What are you looking for? The best thing about Hawaii is that it has a nice mix of islands. There's Oahu with the very urbanized, multi-cultural scene. There's Kauai, with its lush valleys and great beaches, and Maui with a cross in-between. IMHO, you can find everything you would have gotten at Bora Bora in Hawaii (and more... think Big Island and volcanoes).
Old Nov 16, 2006, 3:56 am

Wow, I haven't been on here in awhile. i hope everything is going well for all the "regulars"

About Tahiti: If you are looking for that real polynesian feel, go to PPT. Tahiti is what Hawaii was back in the day. If your plans can call for a 2 day honolulu layover, stop, enjoy honolulu. See the sights and get a feel before heading down to Tahiti. Bora-bora, as I seen and heard is the best place to go in Tahiti. The French-Polynesian girls are bad at all.

My suggestion would be:

LAS or LAX to HNL on HA
2-3 day layover in Honolulu.
See Pearl Harbor, Arizona, Missouri
Check out the North Shore (big wave season)
Try Shorebird for dinner along with Duke's or Buzz's
Enjoy Waikiki beach and hit the clubs
HNL-PPT and stay one day in PPT
Hit a many islands as you can stay in Bora Bora at least 2-3 days.
PPT-HNL-LAX/LAS
Develop the picture and post your experience on FlyerTalk.

Enjoy!

Originally Posted by slippahs
Yes, with a slightly up-scale meal. However, expect standard domestic first class seating (unlike CO/AA/NW).

What are you looking for? The best thing about Hawaii is that it has a nice mix of islands. There's Oahu with the very urbanized, multi-cultural scene. There's Kauai, with its lush valleys and great beaches, and Maui with a cross in-between. IMHO, you can find everything you would have gotten at Bora Bora in Hawaii (and more... think Big Island and volcanoes).
Old Nov 18, 2006, 2:39 am

Remember, there is only one flight a week from HNL-PPT/PPT-HNL. As the previous poster suggested, make a stopover in HNL, enjoy Hawaii, then go to Tahiti.
The flights are fine, nothing special, but only 5 hours from mainland to HNL, and 5 hours from HNL to PPT. The flight arrives late at night, so will have to overnight in PPT. On the return, the flight leaves late, so plan accordingly, either make sure you can catch a late flight from one of the islands, or if staying in PPT, arrange with the hotel for late late checkout, or pay for an additional night.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by orix
The flight arrives late at night, so will have to overnight in PPT.
There is a new (and much needed) hotel right at PPT that opened a few months ago. Should be perfect for overnighting prior to depature for outer islands. Very resonably priced. No restaurant yet.

http://www.tahitiairportmotel.com/tam.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.