Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian HNL-LAX/ONT $299! And HNL-Mainland FC $799!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2003, 7:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, RCC, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold

On Hawaiianair.com they are now selling $299 fares for Honolulu-Ontario, Honolulu-Los Angeles. Also there are other lower fares but the best deal of all is $299 from LAX or ONT which is valid for travel till 12-15-03. United charges over $450 on their website! Also Hawaiian has a First Class fares at the same period for only $799! This is a better deal than Aloha Airlines for Coach and First Clsss to and from the mainland! So sad I dont plan to go to the mainland during this period of time. I hear after Hawaiian got rid of the DC10s, delays have decreased dramatically! Save your self money by taking advantage of the offer Hawaiian has.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flyhawaii:
I hear after Hawaiian got rid of the DC10s, delays have decreased dramatically! </font>

Yeah because Hawaiian's DC-10s always died right before push back or the AC would always not work until we were in the air...

I'm glad Hawaiian replaced their fleet. It was about time.

Thanks for the head's up flyhawaii. Although I have all my trips set, I'm sure there's someone out there who'll take advatange of the fare.

The only problem with HA's fare sales is that they're as well capacity controlled and are tough to get. You've got to be flexible. The closest competitor to HA's fares is NW offering a $333 price on their soon-to-be demolished LAX-HNL flight.

Thanks again! Aloha
Old Sep 21, 2003, 2:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
These deals have been running for a while. I've had good luck in booking the F/C specials -- even on Saturday flights HNL-mainland when the planes are near full. I got the last two seats in F/C on one flight at this special rate, so they're definitely available.

I've noticed that for flights into next year they've dropped their standard F/C fare down to ~ $1500 on the HNL-PHX route. That compares to closer to $2500 previously. Perhaps they've realized that if they make the spread between coach and F/C little closer they might get the extra revenue, rather than "giving" them away at the gate for $250 or on points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.