Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Heads Up: Bring your own food on Aloha when traveling to/from Islands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heads Up: Bring your own food on Aloha when traveling to/from Islands

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2006, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by brendamc
Anyone know what the F food is like SNA/OGG & HNL/SNA? Just wondering if I need to pack a picnic...
Well, I thought I could at least point you in the direction of a picture on airlinemeals.net, but the most recent F meals are from 2003.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 9:43 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Meals to HI

I believe only HA, YQ and CO serve means in Y. All others are no meals.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Originally Posted by slippahs
Well, I thought I could at least point you in the direction of a picture on airlinemeals.net, but the most recent F meals are from 2003.
Thanks, anyway - I looked too - oh well - will report back in a week!
Old Jan 25, 2006, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Ok, F Class Meal Report -

SNA/KOA - Breakfast

Choice of Bread Pudding with a vanilla sauce or what sounded like it was going to be a vegetarian omelets with ....ake mushrooms. I took the omelet - it was barely warm & had a very sweet sauce & was pretty much inedible. There were also sausage slices inside, so definitely not vegetarian! Sliced melon that came alongside was not ripe (why do these caterers bother - you know if it's not ripe, it's never ever going to ripen, so why waste the effort?!). Seatmate had the bread pudding, which came with a small smoked pork cutlet. He didn't like the bread pudding, but he'd never had it before & seemed a very picky eater. It didn't look all that bad to me, but not having tasted...

My highest recommendation for their Bloody Marys - best I've had in the air for a long time since they stopped making them from scratch. Had a few of these & I don't believe we had a pre-landing snack

Return HNL/SNA - Lunch

First a bowl of mac nuts & drink offered.
Then everyone received a cold pasta salad that wasn't bad as cold pasta salads go. Then choice of teriyaki rib eye or a chicken wrap. Both seatmate & I took the rib eye & I've got to admit, it was pretty good. Served on rice (not sticky enough, tho ) & with fairly fresh tasting veggies. Very large portion & I ate about 2/3s til it started getting to a drier thicker & tougher end. Didn't see chicken wraps. Dessert was liloki sorbet swirled with vanilla icecream - 2 huge scoops - now, this was truly wonderful & seconds were offered, but after a week of doing nothing but eating & sleeping....

In general, FA's were very helpful, friendly & gracious & protected the F lav very well on the way back/ not so well on the way over. I'll do a more thorough trip report on AQ F if anyone wants...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.