Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HA A321neo 17G seat (the aisle seat behind the exit row jumpseat)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, National EC Executive, UA & AAdvantage

The best non-premium Y seat on the A321neo is 17G. It's an aisle seat that is in an Extra Comfort row, but NOT sold as an Extra Comfort seat. 17G is located right behind the door 2 FA jumpseat so no one to recline in front of you. It has the tray table in the armrest while 17H and J have regular tray tables from the seats in front. If you are a solo traveler in Y and do not want to pay the Extra Comfort upcharge, 17G is a winner....if you can snag it.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by HA/UA_Flyer
The best non-premium Y seat on the A321neo is 17G. It's an aisle seat that is in an Extra Comfort row, but NOT sold as an Extra Comfort seat.
I have this seat on an upcoming flight. Do you know what boarding zone this seat would be for a non-elite HA flyer? Being on the EC row, is it going to get zone 2 like normal EC seats or be last to board as I believe that general boarding starts from the rear? I have a carry on suitcase and personal item, both of which would have to go in the overhead bin because there is no under seat storage for this seat. The flight is almost completely full so I am concerned that there would not be any overhead space if I can't board with the EC passengers. There are a couple of EC seats left if I wanted to pay to upgrade, but I hate spending that much money just to board early.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by HA/UA_Flyer
Sorry I don't know what zone it will be. But given it is not an EC seat, I am willing to bet that it will be boarding zones 4 or 5 since you are not an elite. So, I would stand in the boarding line very early and hope for the best if you don't get zone 2 at check-in.
I am unable to report whether this seat has zone 2 boarding or not, as I decided to go ahead and buy the upgrade to EC and glad that I did. The flight was completely booked and there was only enough room in the overhead for my rollaboard suitcase, so my personal item went underneath the seat in front of me, which would not have been available for seat 17G. I also noted that they started taking bags off for gate checking before they had finished the boarding process. I did get a look at 17G when I got up to use the restroom and don't think that I would have liked it much anyway. Although there is more "knee room" than a regular coach seat, the jumpseat in front of it goes all the way to the floor, which restricts the actual legroom. If you are not too tall, this seat might be a good choice, but I would not recommend it for anyone 6 feet or more.

Last edited by Richard1148; Oct 28, 2018 at 10:40 am
Old Aug 4, 2023, 4:12 pm

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ha...ghtno=48&date=

Seatguru has this listed as a good seat. Our family of 4 is flying HA OGG-LGB and we'll likely do Extra Comfort. The plan is for my wife and 2 kids to sit on one side (3-3 arrangement) and me with 2 strangers across the aisle. The upgrade is $81-86 to EC, but interestingly, 17G is free. There is no seat in front of 17G, looks like a jump seat? I can't find a photo online. Anybody know if this seat is any good?
Old Aug 5, 2023, 6:32 pm

Programs: Aloha Airlines Ali'i Gold
As someone who recently flew in 17HJ, I would say 17G is NOT a good seat.17G has a Flight Attendant jumpseat in front of it, so there is a hard plastic "wall" in front of 17G only that goes from the floor to about eye level. 17G has no under seat storage or room to extend your feet unless you use the aisle or 17H's space. It is definitely not Extra Comfort, which is why it is "free." The woman in 17G on my flight seemed PISSED when she saw the seat--but she had a boarding pass for 1A on HA's HNL-ICN flight so she was headed to a much nicer seat on her connecting flight.

-Aloha!
Old Aug 5, 2023, 6:49 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I have it on good authority that information on Seatguru has been static for several years and should not be considered a reliable source of current information. A more accurate site is AeroLOPA (LOPA stands for 'Location of Passenger Accommodations').

https://www.aerolopa.com/ha-32q

While I have not flow on HA's A321, the configuration is very similar to Delta's A321 CEO, Seat 14D and there are some posts and photos available for that.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 29, 2023 at 6:40 pm
Old Aug 6, 2023, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I have it on good authority that information on Seatguru has been static for several years and should not be considered a reliable source of current information. A more accurate site is AeroLOPA (LOPA stands for 'Location of Passenger Accommodations').

https://www.aerolopa.com/ha-32q

While I have not flow on HA's A321, the configuration is very similar to Delta's A321 CEO, Seat 14D and there are some posts and photos available for that.

17G is also discussed a little in this thread: HA 321neo interiors unveiled
Thanks

Delta 14D looks roomy, at least on this review.

https://eyeoftheflyer.com/2021/08/24...at-14d-row-14/

Is HA’s 17G more cramped?

Also, I just thought about the boarding process. If my wife and kids have EC seats and I have 17G, does that mean I’ll board later than them? She won’t like that, I’m sure. We have no HA status. Or will they have a family exception?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 7, 2023 at 5:23 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Aug 7, 2023, 1:09 pm

Programs: Aloha Airlines Ali'i Gold
HA's 17G is more cramped than the comparable DL seat. On HA the back of the jumpseat is aligned with the seatbacks of row 16, while the DL jumpseat seems to be about 6 inches further forward. Note that the DL seat is branded as Comfort+ while HA's 17G is a regular economy seat.
-Aloha!

Last edited by Aloha73G; Aug 7, 2023 at 1:09 pm Reason: capitalization

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.