Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Award travel from continental USA to Europe or Asia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2023, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to figure whether it might be worth signing up for a HA frequent flyer account coupled with a credit card purely for the purpose of getting award tickets from the 48 states to either Asia or Europe in Business Class? Since the CC costs $99, it would be nice to know of the experience of others who have got such award tickets in the past.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 2:32 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Search on Ha site and you will see pricing and availability.

HA miles are worth less than AA and other FFP miles you can use to book HA flights. Personally I’d go with some Citi and Barclays AA cards instead if I was you. Easier to get more miles, lower cost of awards, more versatile (full access to all OW airlines).
Old Jun 7, 2023, 6:31 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Search on Ha site and you will see pricing and availability.

HA miles are worth less than AA and other FFP miles you can use to book HA flights. Personally I’d go with some Citi and Barclays AA cards instead if I was you. Easier to get more miles, lower cost of awards, more versatile (full access to all OW airlines).
So true. I used AA miles for an HA HNL-HND flight and it required many fewer miles than HA miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.