Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

F on LAX - HNL iPads and Bluetooth?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2023, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT

The F/ J cabin gets iPads and headphones. I have my own headphones. Does anyone know if the iPads are BT capable or if I need to bring a 3.5mm aux cable?
Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2023, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They are not. I have a bluetooth dongle I use that plugs into the iPad then connects to my earbuds via bluetooth.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Baze
They are not. I have a bluetooth dongle I use that plugs into the iPad then connects to my earbuds via bluetooth.
Thanks!
I've been looking into doing that as well just in case they did not have BT capability. Brand suggestions?. Or I could just go with a cable as my headphones have a jack for just such a thing.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pkerr
Thanks!
I've been looking into doing that as well just in case they did not have BT capability. Brand suggestions?. Or I could just go with a cable as my headphones have a jack for just such a thing.
Cable would be easier but the bluetooth is nice. My dongle is about 5 years old and they don't make anymore but I'm sure you could find something on Amazon.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Baze
Cable would be easier but the bluetooth is nice. My dongle is about 5 years old and they don't make anymore but I'm sure you could find something on Amazon.
I have, thanks. I have a few of them marked but the all have various levels of satisfaction from purchasers.
I suppose going with the cable would be the easiest, if not the most elegant way to do it.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:07 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by pkerr
I have, thanks. I have a few of them marked but the all have various levels of satisfaction from purchasers.
I suppose going with the cable would be the easiest, if not the most elegant way to do it.
I've never thought of BT as an option. The headphone cable is a PIA, which adds to the PIA of thevIPAD charging cable.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 5:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
The ones on the AUS-HNL flight are. You just have to use home key to exit, go to settings and they will sync.
Buster CT1K likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rthib
The ones on the AUS-HNL flight are. You just have to use home key to exit, go to settings and they will sync.
Nice! I would imagine all of them are that way.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by rthib
Wow, I never realized that! I've been using an AirFly Pro dongle. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.