Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Any cost to rebook and award ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2022, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT

I booked a couple of tickets at 35,000 miles ea. They are currently showing as 17,500. Any charge to cancel and rebook?
And a 2nd part to this question, I purchased Extra Comfort seats, will I lose this the $$ I paid for these seats?
Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2022, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pkerr
I booked a couple of tickets at 35,000 miles ea. They are currently showing as 17,500. Any charge to cancel and rebook?
And a 2nd part to this question, I purchased Extra Comfort seats, will I lose this the $$ I paid for these seats?
Thanks
I cancelled some award tickets and received full refund for the extra comfort seats and TSA charge. No fee to redeposit my miles, I did not rebook. I am Platinum.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Baze
I cancelled some award tickets and received full refund for the extra comfort seats and TSA charge. No fee to redeposit my miles, I did not rebook. I am Platinum.
Thanks for the info. What's frustrating about HA is that it take 1 to 2 weeks for those miles to get back into your account. So in the meantime you have to wait and hope the cost of the seat doesn't go back up. Unfortunately mine did.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 6:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
I was able to have them change a flight that was the same award cost with no fees and no wait, but they said if there was a difference they could not do that.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rthib
I was able to have them change a flight that was the same award cost with no fees and no wait, but they said if there was a difference they could not do that.
I dealt with UA, AA and SWA and all of them refund your miles immediately back to your account or can even help you rebook and use your miles. The more I deal with Hawaiian the more they seem to be behind the times.
giporlos likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 10:56 am

Did you ever end up doing this? I am in a similar situation where points dropped significantly since we booked. Also looking to cancel and rebook but we paid for EC upgrades.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zddp1273
Did you ever end up doing this? I am in a similar situation where points dropped significantly since we booked. Also looking to cancel and rebook but we paid for EC upgrades.
I did rebook. Coach was 26,500 and F dropped to 40,000 from 80,000. We had also paid for theEC upgrades. We got all the funds and miles back. Not instantly but within a week or so.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 11:32 pm

A relevant but slightly different DP - I had an award booking OGG - HNL - JFK, and a scheduling change happened which reduced the layover time. They actually called to inform me of the schedule change, but the rep told me I couldn't change the OGG - HNL flight to be earlier since the change was only 1 hour difference, unless there was no fare difference. She offered to check fare difference for me but I was busy so I called them back later.
Next rep was more helpful and told me it's free to do a change so she helped me apply the change. I'm not sure whether this was because it was an award booking, it was the same booking # though.

The annoying thing with HA is their glitchy website and mobile app. They assigned our 2 seats (13A, 13B) for our OGG - HNL leg, but the seat shows both "13A,13B" on 1 passenger rather than per 13A and 13B for each corresponding passenger, and the seats aren't shown as selected in the UI even though in their system, they claim said the seats are confirmed for us. Whatever, not a big deal since it's such a short flight.

Another weird glitch was on our HNL - JFK leg, we had regular econ seats chosen, and when I went in to take a look at the seat options, it showed $0 to select Extra Comfort seats. So I selected them because why not, maybe it's actually free for some reason, and when selected in the UI, the seats looked confirmed. But when I asked the rep, they mentioned the seats for this leg was not confirmed, and that I'd have to pay the EC seat fees. I just switched back to the original seats, but felt catfished.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.