Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HA cancel online award tkt

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2022, 10:48 am
Original Poster

HA cancel online award tkt

Does anyone have any experience cancelling an award ticket (using HA miles) on their website? I know I can cancel the reservations, but will the miles go back
into my account or do I still need to call? Thanks for any info!
Old May 4, 2022, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by yamauchig
Does anyone have any experience cancelling an award ticket (using HA miles) on their website? I know I can cancel the reservations, but will the miles go back
into my account or do I still need to call? Thanks for any info!
I had an award reservation that I cancelled a few weeks ago and had to call and the miles went back in a few weeks. There was no way to cancel the award online.
Old May 4, 2022, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slippahs
I had an award reservation that I cancelled a few weeks ago and had to call and the miles went back in a few weeks. There was no way to cancel the award online.
Mahalo for the reply! guess I will just call them cancel since you have to call them anyways.....Thanks again for the info>
Old Aug 21, 2022, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by yamauchig
Mahalo for the reply! guess I will just call them cancel since you have to call them anyways.....Thanks again for the info>
Was there a $150 fee for the cancellation? That’s what some websites say but Hawaiian website is silent.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 9:20 am

Maybe try the online chat. I have changed award tickets that way.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by schistosomiasis
Was there a $150 fee for the cancellation? That’s what some websites say but Hawaiian website is silent.
There is no longer a cancellation fee for award tickets using HA miles (https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/cor...ortless-travel)
dw and whkento like this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 11:12 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dougfoglesong
Maybe try the online chat. I have changed award tickets that way.
FWIW, I just used chat successfully to cancel an award ticket. Miles were back in the account by the end of the chat. Taxes are promised back to the card within a week. Total chat handle time was about 10 minutes.
AlohaSarah and whkento like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.