Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Individual bookings each get a free bag with HA credit card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Individual bookings each get a free bag with HA credit card?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JGC / OW Sapphire
Question Individual bookings each get a free bag with HA credit card?

When traveling recently with my son, the check-in agent said that I saved a good bit of money by booking my son's itinerary separately. We checked 3 bags, but paid only $25.
The agent said that any itinerary individually booked with my HA credit card gets the first bag free.

So, is that right? I have to change a reservation for 4 people soon and if I can get free bags for everyone, I will book them separately.

What do you think?

Kento
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:00 pm

I've not had experience with what you describe, but I have heard from others that if multiple cardholders are on the same reservation, those who didn't pay for the tickets will still get their one free bag (but I don't have first hand experience with this either).
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hawaii777
I've not had experience with what you describe, but I have heard from others that if multiple cardholders are on the same reservation, those who didn't pay for the tickets will still get their one free bag (but I don't have first hand experience with this either).
Interesting. I actually heard an agent tell someone the exact opposite just a week ago. There were two people on a reservation and the agent said that only the cardholder could have the free bag. This is why I was thinking of switching fro 4 people on one reservation to 4 reservations paid by the card.

BTW, thanks for the quick reply.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by whkento
When traveling recently with my son, the check-in agent said that I saved a good bit of money by booking my son's itinerary separately. We checked 3 bags, but paid only $25.
The agent said that any itinerary individually booked with my HA credit card gets the first bag free.

So, is that right?
Not right - you got lucky - From the terms and conditions:

Checked bag fee waiver is limited to the first bag for the Primary Cardmember only.

Terms & Conditions (barclaycardus.com)
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Not right - you got lucky - From the terms and conditions:

Checked bag fee waiver is limited to the first bag for the Primary Cardmember only.

Terms & Conditions (barclaycardus.com)
Yeah, that's what I thought. I guess I did get lucky. I was actually surprised at the time, but didn't want to argue about it. 😉

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.