Wiki Posts
Search

Meal Selection on HA in F

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2020, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 3MMiler
Meal Selection on HA in F

Sorry if this has been asked before but does HA do FEBO for meal selection in F? Know that sounds like an odd question given the airline struggles but we have flights for next April (fingers crossed) normally would do the row two seats but they are all taking so it's either front bulkhead or rear. Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Never noticed them starting in back.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Originally Posted by Harveynics
Sorry if this has been asked before but does HA do FEBO for meal selection in F? Know that sounds like an odd question given the airline struggles but we have flights for next April (fingers crossed) normally would do the row two seats but they are all taking so it's either front bulkhead or rear. Thanks
Dunno about the A321neo service, but I was worried on my BOS-HNL-BOS trips that I’d get stuck with a vegetarian option sitting in 3J. I was told here that they (pre Covid anyhow) provision enough of both meals so everyone gets their selection. That was indeed true and carried over to the flights I flew-they had enough of both choices for everyone (seemed like 18 of each anyhow) The food and service was absolutely amazing!
Old Oct 13, 2020, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by FBWFTW
Dunno about the A321neo service, but I was worried on my BOS-HNL-BOS trips that I’d get stuck with a vegetarian option sitting in 3J. I was told here that they (pre Covid anyhow) provision enough of both meals so everyone gets their selection. That was indeed true and carried over to the flights I flew-they had enough of both choices for everyone (seemed like 18 of each anyhow) The food and service was absolutely amazing!
Hmmmm I'm not sure how true this is. I mean, HA doesn't even cater more than one bread per passenger and I have been on JFK-HNL flights in F where some passengers weren't offered dessert simply because there weren't enough.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
Hmmmm I'm not sure how true this is. I mean, HA doesn't even cater more than one bread per passenger and I have been on JFK-HNL flights in F where some passengers weren't offered dessert simply because there weren't enough.
Bread I don’t know about-but F was full both ways on my flights (I want to emphasize again this was PRE COVID) and there were no issues with any provisioning on my legs. Nor were there on my previous flight to LAX in F. I again reached out on this forum to folks who are definitely “in the know” as it were and they assured there’s enough selection for both choices. I mean when you think about it-all they have to do is provision 64 meals for East Coast service (crew meals aside or as leftovers)

On the daytime flight BOS-HNL, lunch (still trying to figure out why it’s lunch and not breakfast/brunch due to the 5-6 hour time change) including the bread appetizer and dessert was served exactly 1 hour and 2 minutes after pushback from the gate on one tray.

The pre arrival snack was served about ~8:45 into the flight over the pacific with about 2 hours to go. All on one tray served with a few rounds of final coffee and drinks.

On the redeye back to BOS, appetizer and bread was served first then the main course then the dessert “cart”

I’m not sure if they provision differently at HNL to do the services separate or if the Purser/FA’s have a call on how to run the service a-la trays/timing etc.

I remember one of the FA’s on the outbound saying “we’re gonna have lunch soon cause it seems like everyone’s getting hungry” I noticed that they did the pre arrival (snack/lunch/snack) main cabin service a little later than they did in F-but that our FA’s didn’t leave the F cabin.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 8:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Ended up selecting the Thai Yellow Curry Vegetable Cakes on SFO-HNL. I was in Row 3 and both selections were still available. The food, drinks and service was amazing! Highly recommend it over United as I barely received a bottle of water in First on United.

azj, 747FC and FBWFTW like this.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
Ended up selecting the Thai Yellow Curry Vegetable Cakes on SFO-HNL. I was in Row 3 and both selections were still available. The food, drinks and service was amazing! Highly recommend it over United as I barely received a bottle of water in First on United.

I could’ve eaten about 5 of those Vanilla Pineapple Shortcakes... Good thing for me Mrs. FBWFTW doesn’t like cake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.