Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Need a bit of help with Hawaiian Airlines and Covid Issue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2020, 11:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Hi,

I wanted to book to fly to OGG with Hawaiian for middle of June hoping that Hawaii removes the self quarantine requirements. I'm guessing once this covid thing is over that people are going to rush and book tickets so I wanted to be ahead of the game.

If I book the flights and Hawaii does NOT remove the requirements I presume I will get a credit Is that right?

Is the credit administered as one big lump sump or will it be 4 indiviudal credits (one for each ticket) that can't be combined?

Any other restrictions on the presumptive refunds?

Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 6:06 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
You might want to contact Hawaiian Airlines to get accurate information about this, however, here is their stated policy:

https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/ale...el-information

Notice that there is no protection for tickets purchased now for use after 5/31.
ajf87 likes this.
Old May 2, 2020, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by 747FC
Notice that there is no protection for tickets purchased now for use after 5/31.
Is this correct? The COVID website on the website says, "Tickets purchased between March 1 and May 31, 2020: No change fees for any changes made within two (2) years of the original ticket purchase date. A fare difference may apply." Doesn't that mean that you at least have a waived change fee if you purchase a ticket now through the end of schedule?
Old May 7, 2020, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HA PL, Hilton 💎, Marriott Ti, Wyndham/Caesars 💎, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by usedtobeimportant
Hi,

I wanted to book to fly to OGG with Hawaiian for middle of June hoping that Hawaii removes the self quarantine requirements. I'm guessing once this covid thing is over that people are going to rush and book tickets so I wanted to be ahead of the game.

If I book the flights and Hawaii does NOT remove the requirements I presume I will get a credit Is that right?

Is the credit administered as one big lump sump or will it be 4 indiviudal credits (one for each ticket) that can't be combined?

Any other restrictions on the presumptive refunds?

Thanks.
I wish this forum allowed downvotes. There's is virtually no chance that the quarantine gets lifted for mainland visitors by June, when we're going to have over 3k deaths per day.

So you can book, just know that if your flight isn't canceled you're going to spend the duration of your trip in your hotel room. "I thought the quarantine would be lifted by my travel date" will not be a valid reason for a refund.
Old May 8, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ajf87
I wish this forum allowed downvotes. There's is virtually no chance that the quarantine gets lifted for mainland visitors by June, when we're going to have over 3k deaths per day.

So you can book, just know that if your flight isn't canceled you're going to spend the duration of your trip in your hotel room. "I thought the quarantine would be lifted by my travel date" will not be a valid reason for a refund.
I think the best case scenario in June is residents are off of stay at home orders - interisland travel not subject to quarantine - and maybe returning residents from the mainland not subject to quarantine - tourists, I just don't see that lifted in June and the only to get a refund will be a flight cancellation.

And nobody anticipates "pent up demand"
Old May 8, 2020, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
None of which goes to OP's question which has to do with ticket fare rules.
Old May 13, 2020, 9:56 pm

Slippah's statement further up is the current and accurate information about tickets purchased between March 1 and May 31st. When I asked the OP's question to the call center, they told me it would be 4 individual credits (for each ticket/passenger) that cannot be combined when used for future travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.