Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HA implements check-in changes at HNL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HA implements check-in changes at HNL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MMGold, AS100K, Hawaiian Plat, BA Gold, DL Plat, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gld, Marriott Ambassador
Thumbs up HA implements check-in changes at HNL

In an effort to alleviate the congestion/overcrowding in the check in area International Check Ins are moving to the "Mainland" Terminal Lobby 4 in Terminal 2, versus Lobby 3 in Terminal 1.

Moe details from KHON ..... Hawaiian Airlines will share Lobby 4 with Qantas Airlines, Philippine Airlines, Air Canada and Korean Air. Terminal signage will be adjusted to reflect the change.

Additional changes taking effect Jan. 9 include moving the neighbor island flight check-in from Lobby 2 to Lobby 3 in Terminal 1. Passengers traveling to North American destinations will continue to check-in at Lobby 2.

Hawaiian Airlines passengers using Lobby 4 will use TSA checkpoints 2 and 3, which are located in Terminal 2. Passengers on neighbor island and North American flights are encouraged to continue using one of the four available TSA checkpoints within Terminal 1.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:14 pm

Hawaiian's map contradicts this post and the PBN article, and has interisland in lobby 2 and mainland in lobby 3.

http://img.s-hawaiianairlines.com/~/...ap-Level-2.png

I wonder if they'll move the Plumeria Lounge. International business class passengers will now have to check in in lobby 4, then make their way over to the interisland terminal to visit the lounge, then back to the overseas terminal with an extra agriculture check, for their flight.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Would be a good opportunity for them to re-think the Plumeria Lounge concept. That place is a sad joke. The downstairs Premier Club lounges are fine for what they are, but Plumeria is just Premier Club with a little bit of food and beverage, which falls well short of what an international business class lounge ought to be.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Something needed to be done - I've seen lines, often on a Sunday late morning, with lines well out of the terminal and lining up to the other terminal.
2BGO likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Something needed to be done - I've seen lines, often on a Sunday late morning, with lines well out of the terminal and lining up to the other terminal.
I just hope, for my own personal selfish reasons, the spillover does not result in increased TSA Pre lines at Checkpoint 3 when I am not flying HA. But yes, something had to be done. I've told folks flying HA to immediately start walking to Checkpoint 3 if the lines are out the door, even if flying inter island.
2BGO likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.