Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inter-island MCT at KOA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Inter-island MCT at KOA

my friends bought roundtrip tickets from the mainland DEN-KOA (on UA stock). we're on the big island for a week, so i figured we'd go to oahu for a long weekend.

their flights returning to the mainland on 12 november are KOA-HNL-DEN.

HA278 HNL-KOA is 4:54-5:43p

HA277 KOA-HNL is 6:13-7:00p

the UA flight HNL-DEN departs at 9:20p.

HA will let me do a dummy booking on the two above interisland trips, so i'm assuming MCT at KOA is at least 30mins. my second assumption is that the same aircraft is used for HA278/277, so any delays are a non-issue. what i'm not aware of is any logistics upon arrival at KOA (e.g., re-clearing security) that would complicate this.

are there any red flags as to why i shouldn't book them on this 30 minute connection? mahalo!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:24 pm

HA-HA DD .20 EQP 717 - 717

MCT in KOA is technically 20 minutes. Also, 278/277 are likely to be on the same tail unless ops makes some crazy last minute change. Turning in KOA will not require re-clearing security, so it would be easy to get off and get back on again. You won't be able to check any bags on this itinerary, and note that the HA Neighbor Island web check in deadline is 60 minutes, and the airport check in deadline is 30 minutes so be sure to check in for both flights before departing HNL.
riphamilton likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
sounds good. i forgot to mention that they won’t be checking bags, so i’ll go ahead and have them book. thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.