Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Upcoming HA mileage expiration date

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:13 am
Original Poster

I have 19,000 HA miles scheduled to expire on January 31.

In anticipation of this expiration date, I registered a credit card with HA and made a purchase with the registered credit card at one of HA's merchant partners. That credit card purchase has not yet appeared on my account.

Hawaiian Miles Service Center has replied to my inquiry. I quote them verbatim:

Thank you for getting back to us.

Your current mileage balance will expire by the end of this month.

There is a delay of posting miles from partners. It takes 4-6 weeks to be credited on your HawaiianMiles account.

Due to the delay I'm afraid by the time that partner miles are credited on your HawaiianMiles account; you current mileage may already been [sic] expire.

While waiting for the partner miles to be posted on your account; purchase miles and donate miles are the only options to prevent you miles from expiring.

However, you still have an option to wait for the miles from the partner even until your miles expire.

Because, the activity date that will show on your HawaiianMiles account is the actual transaction date.

If this would be the case, we will consider reinstating the expired miles.

Should you have any further inquiries about our mileage program, you may call our office Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. HST, toll-free at 1-877-426-4537.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond to you.

Mahalo!

Rina/GD
HawaiianMiles Service Center

1. I am not sure I will ever use this mileage, but if it can be kept alive for minimal effort and cost, I want to try to do so.

2. I do not want to be bullied into purchasing for fifteen dollars 500 miles that I may never use.

3. The message promises to "consider" reinstating expired miles when a partner transaction appears which took place prior to the expiration date of my mileage. That is something less than a full fledged promise to reinstate the miles.

How should I proceed?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Donating a small number of miles will be easiest: https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/my-...s/donate-miles

If you have any Amex Membership Rewards points you could transfer to HA- minimum 100 0 + $.60 fee.

You can also share 1 mile with an account that is a Hawaiian Airlines cardholder, since there's no minimum when sharing into a cardholder account.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by joachimm
Donating a small number of miles will be easiest: https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/my-...s/donate-miles

If you have any Amex Membership Rewards points you could transfer to HA- minimum 100 0 + $.60 fee.

You can also share 1 mile with an account that is a Hawaiian Airlines cardholder, since there's no minimum when sharing into a cardholder account.
Do all of those options post quickly to your HA account? I have a month before my miles expire and I'm trying some other options, but hoping to use one of those as a last-minute backup.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I signed up for the HA Opinion Miles equivalent and the miles posted to my account immediately. My few miles are going to expire by the end of the month.

But Award wallet is still showing my miles expiring at the end of the month when I refresh. I can't even find the date on the HA site.

Since the T&C state ANY miles earning extends expiration, this should be covered as well.

Ideas?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by huge
Do all of those options post quickly to your HA account? I have a month before my miles expire and I'm trying some other options, but hoping to use one of those as a last-minute backup.
IIRC transfer from Amex and sharing happen almost immediately. Not sure about the donation; I would guess that takes more like several days to a couple weeks.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by stususs
2. I do not want to be bullied into purchasing for fifteen dollars 500 miles that I may never use.
I'm no fan of HA's mileage program, but I don't see how you consider yourself "bullied." The terms and conditions are what they are, and you accepted them when you enrolled in the program.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
An update on my expiring miles.

Apparently the deposit from their opinion miles did extend my expiration date. For some reason, Award Wallet isn't picking up the new date.

I also can't locate it anywhere in my account on HA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.