Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can't I search award flights?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Why can't I search award flights?

Hi I just got a HA flyer number. But when I try to look up award availability, it won't let me select miles instead of dollars. I assume it's because I don't have any miles yet. It's pretty aggravating as I am considering transferring from MR. Any way around this?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest
It might be because of 0 mile status -- I was able to look into award miles even with a low number of miles when I joined HA miles program 18 months ago.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
You don't need any miles in your account to search for awards. If you try to book an award ticket without sufficient miles in your account, it will prompt you to buy the required miles.

Make sure you are only searching between airports that HA flies to themselves. You cannot use the HA website to book award tickets involving JetBlue flights or other partner airlines.

Make sure you are still actively logged into your HawaiianMiles account when you try to do the search. If you log in and don't click anything for a while, your session can expire. This can lead to the "Miles" radio button in the search disappearing or not working.

If you've checked both of the above, then it's possible there is no award availability for the dates you're searching.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 3:51 pm

To book awards involving partners do you have to call? These miles are going to get much valuable once the flat beds are installed across the fleet
Old Mar 12, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by be001
To book awards involving partners do you have to call? These miles are going to get much valuable once the flat beds are installed across the fleet
Yes you need to call for partner awards. When I tried calling to book an award HNL-JFK-BOS, they could only book the JFK-BOS JetBlue segment separately, not on the same ticket. Also, they wanted a ridiculous amount of miles for that short flight, so I ended up booking an HNL-JFK award and just buying JFK-BOS separately from JetBlue. Plus, partner awards are apparently hard to come by on airlines other than JetBlue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.