Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HA refund for extra comfort seats- help, please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA XPlat, UA 1K

I booked DEN-OGG thru AA. They partnered with HA for the LAX-OGG leg. I purchased the upgrade to extra comfort seats on the HA website. I was delayed on the AA flight into LAX and they switched me to a UA flight LAX-OGG.
Neither AA or HA will help me with a refund for the upgrade that I was unable to use. 2 seats were $140. Any suggestions? I have called and written to both customer service emails.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:27 pm

Disputing the credit card charge (if possible) may get their attention.

The EC refund language is somewhat ambiguous but doesn't seem to favor your situation-

Extra Comfort Seat purchases are non-refundable............
Customers who have purchased an Extra Comfort Seat that are impacted by a Hawaiian Airlines initiated flight and seat change, equipment change, routing change, or flight cancellation are eligible for a refund if Hawaiian Airlines is unable to accommodate the customer in another Extra Comfort Seat. The refund will be initiated by Hawaiian Airlines on the customer’s behalf.

In any case good luck and keep us posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.