Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Extra Comfort Seat Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2015, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

So I'm flying LAX to OGG roundtrip and I saw I could upgrade for $70 on the return flight to row 11. I went on SeatGuru and everything seemed well worth the $70 until I saw that it said infants are usually in row 11. Have any of you experienced little kids and babies in row 11? I admit I am very anti baby on flights... I have had a couple bad experiences where the parents failed to change diapers when they really should. I don't mind hearing cries or screams (although I don't like it...), because I have the sound blocking headphones on anyway.

Also it said that row 11 has complimentary items. What's free on it aside from the little TV. When you use the TV is it at a bizarre angle or anything?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:55 pm

Row 11 is wonderful. I've only flown it twice, no babies on either flight, but obviously there are no guarantees for future flights. I don't think the TV was at an angle, I used it for a bit but for the most part stuck to my ipad entertainment. There is a power plug, a little awkward to get to but once you've plugged your device in you are good for the entire flight. Complimentary blanket & pillow. Lots of legroom in 11, not as much in 12 or 13 which are also extra comfort seats.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:09 pm

I think that Row 11 comment was more true when there wasn't an extra-comfort section and everything from Row 11 and back was regular economy. Since they've started the extra comfort offering, I haven't seen very many babies in that section.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Row 12 and 13 are still available. The seat in 11 that is available is 11G. You both think 12 and 13 is a better row?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:03 pm

No....in my opinion row 11 is better than either 12 or 13. More legroom.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mileageplusorminus
No....in my opinion row 11 is better than either 12 or 13. More legroom.
Oh I gotcha. I had to read your first post aloud and saw what you meant LOL. The seat left is 11G. I took it.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: TrueBlue/Hawaiian Miles
Row 11 by far! I'm 5'11" and just did a round trip between JFK-HNL in row 11. The legroom is crazy! And the tv swivels up and you can adjust it to an angle you like. Here's some pics. Again I'm 5'11" and I'm at full stretch here in these pics. Hope this helps! It's quite the experience as far as coach goes! Hopefully it won't be TOO bad when they install the lie flat seats because there's a row and a half being taken out of these three rows!

Legroom on N390HA(with my bags tucked in more

Tray table (for drink service) and screen out on N379HA

Screen up on N379HA (note I've got my shoes on my bag as a footrest)

Legroom again-with my bag as a footrest-it may look a little deceiving but there's tons of room!

The forward Extra Comfort Cabin on N379HA (Their newest A330!!)

And a better shot of the cabin with mood lights

In short-like everyone else says... GO FOR IT! (If you haven't already!)

Last edited by FBWFTW; Dec 21, 2015 at 8:36 am Reason: pics not working for some reason... Will try another uploading site
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks FBW =) I took 11G. I cannot view your pictures =(
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by JustineG
Oh I gotcha. I had to read your first post aloud and saw what you meant LOL. The seat left is 11G. I took it.
Doh! I just spent literally like an hour messing about with pics to show you and I somehow missed this post!! Glad you took the seat! You won't be sorry!

You SHOULD be able to see them now-I had used Flickr and it didn't cooperate with me-but the pics are definitely there now! Sorry about that and again glad you took the seat!
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FBWFTW
Doh! I just spent literally like an hour messing about with pics to show you and I somehow missed this post!! Glad you took the seat! You won't be sorry!

You SHOULD be able to see them now-I had used Flickr and it didn't cooperate with me-but the pics are definitely there now! Sorry about that and again glad you took the seat!
Can see them now =) Thanks! Were new release movies included or did you have to pay for that?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by JustineG
Can see them now =) Thanks! Were new release movies included or did you have to pay for that?
There were a bunch of good free movies on our flight this year that we would've had to pay for last year. The new releases are $7.99 I think-but you're talking Jurassic world/Ted 2 etc etc. if you go on HA's website there's a list of what's free for extra comfort and what's paid. Put it this way-going on the WC-OGG flight, you should have no issue coming out of pocket unless you specifically want to see a certain movie. I watched all three of the Jurassic Park movies and then paid for Jurassic World on my way from JFK-HNL and that took up pretty much the whole flight.

Here's the page-scroll down and click on "North America A330"
https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/our...ainment/movies
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:11 am

do you get better meal in extra comfort than regular economy?

And how do extra comfort seats recline comparing to economy seat?

I understand that HA serves meal to every body during meal time, so that means from west coast to Hawaii, you are pretty much guaranteed to get a meal since 5 hrs most likely will cover regular meal time (unless it's a red eye)?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:27 am

I sit here reading this, simply jealous because out of SMF, the plane is the old 767s and there is *no* Extra Comfort seating available. And no entertainment typically (no seatback monitors and they don't seem to play in-flight video entertainment any longer). I guess it's only five hours...but I'm positively jealous of the option to purchase Extra Comfort...

Were you, by chance, able to upgrade to EC with cash (or even miles?) after using miles only to purchase the reservation?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Ukalady
I sit here reading this, simply jealous because out of SMF, the plane is the old 767s and there is *no* Extra Comfort seating available. And no entertainment typically (no seatback monitors and they don't seem to play in-flight video entertainment any longer).
You can rent an iPad mini preloaded with movies, TV shows, and games on 767 flights: https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/our...inment-devices
Old Mar 5, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, National EC Executive, UA & AAdvantage
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
do you get better meal in extra comfort than regular economy?

And how do extra comfort seats recline comparing to economy seat?

I understand that HA serves meal to every body during meal time, so that means from west coast to Hawaii, you are pretty much guaranteed to get a meal since 5 hrs most likely will cover regular meal time (unless it's a red eye)?
The meal in extra comfort is the same as economy for domestic flights. Only international flights in extra comfort come with an upgraded meal.

The recline is the same as regular economy.

Yes, everyone gets a meal in economy....although keep your expectations low as the meal is pretty minimal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.