Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HA to Start Daily Non-stop Honolulu-Narita Service on July 22, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/news/narita
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat 75k, CA Phoenix Gold
This is excellent news, thanks for posting. I have been in and out into Haneda eight times this year and I noticed that the hotels in the area (ie. Kamata, Shinagawa) are significantly higher priced and more crowded compared to the ones around Narita. Also, the planned NRT arrival time of 7pm works because it avoids Tokyo rush hour, which can be tough if you are changing trains / subway with suitcases.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Yay for those of us who have to stay in Tokyo suburbs and take JR trains
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat 75k, CA Phoenix Gold
Originally Posted by msp3
Yay for those of us who have to stay in Tokyo suburbs and take JR trains
Lived and worked in downtown (Shinjuku) for a few years and discovered back then that the area around Narita is quite beautiful. You can still get the feel of the old Japan there. Small villages nestled in bamboo forests and rice fields, old wooden farmhouses with traditional "Kura", a great temple, a great museum. In one of the villages near Narita, three priceless Samurai homes have been restored to their former beauty. Stay in Narita, commute into Tokyo, and you can live some of the old and the new Japan.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: Marriott rewards
This should be great especially for the time of the flights...although i wish i really took advantage of hawaiian's flights when they were flying to fukuoka.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.