Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Should This Forum be Renamed/Refocused to Just HA-Specific?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Should the Scope of the Hawaii-Based Airlines Forum be Limited to Hawaiian Air Only?
Yes
31.58%
No
68.42%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Let's rename this forum "Hawaiian Airlines". For small airlines in Hawaii, posts can be elsewhere. Flyertalk has a Delta forum, not Atlanta-Based Airlines board. There is also a Hawaii board.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 8, 2015 at 4:25 pm Reason: retitled thread to something more appropriate
Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:36 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Interesting question. Let me just add a little facts for people to consider:

1. I think it important to note that such a matter is within the purview of the TalkBoard so the motion should be made to them.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics-382/

2. The other airlines currently in scope of this forum are Island Air, Mokulele Airlines, George's Aviation, and Makani Kai. If the scope of this forum is to be changed, I suspect the TalkBoard will want to know the specific location where posts about those airlines are to be placed/moved and not "elsewhere."

3. Elsewhere on FlyerTalk are the India-Based and Russia-Based Airlines Forums, also covering multiple airlines.

4. I would like to leave this matter to the active members of this forum, as they are most invested and impacted by this question.

I will start a poll for the members to express their opinions on this matter so that if it is brought to the TalkBoard, they will have supporting information.

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
Hawaii-Based Airlines Forum

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 9, 2015 at 4:21 am Reason: added content
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Currently, this forum is called "Hawaii-Based Airlines," and there's not much activity compared to the bigger forums at Flyer Talk.

This forum could become more active if its name reflected Hawaiian Airlines and the HawaiianMiles program, just as other airline forums usually reflect the airline name and program.

But if the smaller Hawaii-based airlines were spun off to a separate forum, the new forum would probably have hardly any activity at all. Also, topics related to inter-island flying can touch Hawaiian Airlines AND the smaller airlines.

So it makes sense to me that this would remain a single forum, but with a more meaningful name.

Here's my suggestion:

Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles / other Hawaii-based airlines

I know it's rather wordy, but there are other FlyerTalk forums with even longer names.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
The idea of a poll makes sense, however, I think the wording of the poll could change the results. For example, if the wording were: "Does it make sense to have two forums for Hawaii-based airlines, one just for HA, and one for the rest," this change might have much more support.

I for one think that two threads would make much more sense. The fact that the "Other Airline" thread would have limited activity is evidence for me that it makes sense to split it up.

Mahalo.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:07 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The initial poll is to respond to the OP's question; it will close at the end of next week. I think it best to leave it focused on that. I'd be happy to start another poll to address your alternate solution after this on is done.

Thanks,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
Hawaii-Based Airlines Forum
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
It ain't broke the way it is. The existing structure aligns with the reality that HA is most of the Hawaii-based market and the other carriers are mostly only of interest to the extent that they're alternatives to HA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.