Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Best rewards card for HNL-based people?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 2:57 am
Original Poster

I've racked up >200,000 HA miles, but am wondering if a rewards card for another airline offers better perks than the BoH HawaiianMiles card. So far, I've taken HA exclusively when flying to the west coast. But I do plan on flying to other locations around the mainland and internationally more (for pleasure, not business).

What do you other HNL folks use if not a Hawaiian Miles CC?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:19 am

Chase Sapphire Preferred?

Ink Bold/Office Depot-Vanilla Reload cards/Prepaid Amex ?

I really don't think HNL has anything to do with it. Typically when people ask this question other people answer with what works for them, but that doesn't really necessarily work for you. Regardless of what people say here, you really have to do your own homework.

-David
Old Jul 27, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
I've been collecting United miles and UR points lately, but as I start looking more closely at United redemption options, I'm beginning to wonder if that's the right approach for someone with limited flexibility to time leisure travel. There are a lot of people elsewhere collecting miles to come here and competing for space during the same times that I can get away. With Hawaiian, I can almost always get a seat with miles. I'll keep plugging away with the United miles to see what I can do for a couple of upcoming trips, but if I don't start finding some better options, I may go back to using the Hawaiian card more, pay more attention to hotel points, and just plan to pay for the longer hauls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.