Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HA 36 HNL-PHX - Any plans to use an A330 on this route?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Any plans to use new A330 on this route? Is it always the older 767 style FC? Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by off2rome
Any plans to use new A330 on this route? Is it always the older 767 style FC? Thanks
They hasn't starting the entire A330 to PHX yet. I think you have wait for a while. They will tell you when.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Since US has started multiple flights from PHX to HNL, I believe that PHX is going to be one of the last routes to be converted to the A330. So, we're going to have to be patient for a while. OTOH, at least HA flies a widebody on the route, rather than US 757's (although I've been very happy with the US flights).
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by formeraa
Since US has started multiple flights from PHX to HNL, I believe that PHX is going to be one of the last routes to be converted to the A330. So, we're going to have to be patient for a while. OTOH, at least HA flies a widebody on the route, rather than US 757's (although I've been very happy with the US flights).
Thanks! Any advice on first class seat selction on the 757, Do 4 a/c not recline as much, as shown on seatguru?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Thanks! Any advice on first class seat selction on the 757, Do 4 a/c not recline as much, as shown on seatguru?
I would suggest rows 2 or 3 over row 4, although row 4 is usually not quite as restricted as seatguru implies.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I asked this question when the A330's started arriving to HA, it appears that HNL-HNL-PHX route will be one of the last to get the A330's and it appears that the 767's are leaving HA anytime soon since they keep getting new routes and adding the 767 as the aircraft to fly them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.