FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines-447/)
-   -   Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1276790-hawaiian-airlines-credit-card-2-x-35k-offers-archives.html)

Yagle Nov 15, 2011 2:44 am

Originally Posted by carwag25 (Post 17429584)
I applied for the BoA card and BoH card on the same day in October by the same BoA rep who also confirmed that it was 20K miles for first purchase, and 15K miles for $1K spend. I met the spend and the statement closed for the BoA card a few days ago and noticed on my Hawaiian Airlines account that only 25K miles posted. In calling them up, they could not locate the offer for 35K miles and are currently investigating the matter.
The statement for the BoH card has not yet closed, but I suspect I will have the same problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

Same here, only received 25k instead of 35k. I've called in a couple times and the FIA (who manages the BoH card) reps told me to wait it out... My BoA card hasn't closed yet, but I think I'll run into the same problem with it..

opus2002 Nov 15, 2011 12:48 pm

How easy is it to use Hawaiian mile on Delta? How is the award availability?

ArizonaGuy Nov 15, 2011 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Yagle (Post 17452410)
Same here, only received 25k instead of 35k. I've called in a couple times and the FIA (who manages the BoH card) reps told me to wait it out... My BoA card hasn't closed yet, but I think I'll run into the same problem with it..

I've called FIA a couple of times. They clearly know I'm eligible and have met the requirements for 20K initial use and 15K for $1000 in charges). They're stumped when I ask what math system used makes that equal 25K. Allegedly it has been escalated.

My second statement will close in a week and will have the annual fee on it. If it doesn't also have the missing 10K miles I'm calling back again, hoping to escalate while remaining on the line. I don't want to pay an annual fee when they've not held up their end of the bargain.

thebestman36 Nov 16, 2011 7:01 am

Originally Posted by opus2002 (Post 17455170)
How easy is it to use Hawaiian mile on Delta? How is the award availability?

I believe you have to call in to use. I tried earlier this year, and it led me to believe the availability of tickets is nearly zilch. I tried looking for 3 diff flights, over a 3 month period. They had nothing available on all 3 over a 3 month period, 6 months out. I have 0ver 100,000 points with them now and was hoping to use them with delta, but now just hope that they will at some point in the future add another partner where I can use the points.

rookie10 Nov 16, 2011 7:16 am

Wife applied for both cards and received 2 separate credit pulls. One application (BOA) came back that it is under review. Next day got a call to speak with a representative. They ended up denying app b/c of our mortgage payment. Her credit score over 760, but when she applied she entered under housing that she owns and listed our montly mortgage. My wife is not responsible for the mortgage nor is it under her name. She works part time and uses that income as discretionary spending. In any event, called recon line and they wanted me to consign her card but that would mean a credit pull for me as well, so told them no thanks. Called again and another rep indicated if she applied again without adding the mortgage info she should be good. So put thru another 2 applications and received one response via email letting us know that her application was denied. I did ask if they could remove the mortgage info from her original application but was told no. Long story short 3 pulls and no credit card:mad:. Worse case scenario I was hoping for a max 2 pulls. Just thought I would share my experiences.

booyaa Nov 16, 2011 10:00 am

Originally Posted by thebestman36 (Post 17459958)
I believe you have to call in to use. I tried earlier this year, and it led me to believe the availability of tickets is nearly zilch. I tried looking for 3 diff flights, over a 3 month period. They had nothing available on all 3 over a 3 month period, 6 months out. I have 0ver 100,000 points with them now and was hoping to use them with delta, but now just hope that they will at some point in the future add another partner where I can use the points.

How about the new NYC-HNL routing as posted today by Ben at One Mile at a Time? Or Hilton HHonors at 1:2 ratio?

milesmuncher Nov 16, 2011 11:36 am

Originally Posted by booyaa (Post 17461078)
How about the new NYC-HNL routing as posted today by Ben at One Mile at a Time? Or Hilton HHonors at 1:2 ratio?

NYC-HNL routing makes Hawaiian miles MUCH more attractive to this FlyerTalker!

kdoughboy Nov 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by milesmuncher (Post 17461744)
NYC-HNL routing makes Hawaiian miles MUCH more attractive to this FlyerTalker!

I have a feeling this announcement will change many peoples' opinions on these offers.

carwag25 Nov 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy (Post 17457820)
My second statement will close in a week and will have the annual fee on it. If it doesn't also have the missing 10K miles I'm calling back again, hoping to escalate while remaining on the line. I don't want to pay an annual fee when they've not held up their end of the bargain.

Let us know whether you get the extra 10K after statement close and/or how the call goes.

thebestman36 Nov 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by booyaa (Post 17461078)

The nyc-hnl route certainly should be a plus for many. Unfortunately our flights are for 3-4 month winter vacation stays and Hawaii is just too expensive for us to winter vacation there. The hilton points also of no use since we book apartments for our stays at much more reasonable prices. But crossing fingers for something we can use. I was originally planning on using with delta, but seems unlikely.

tassojunior Nov 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by sun_aa (Post 17401613)

I now see value in HA miles. The Virgin Atlantic rewards. 50K to Europe and 70K RT anywhere else in the world including Sydney with no fuel surcharges.

UA Fan Nov 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior (Post 17465501)
I now see value in HA miles. The Virgin Atlantic rewards. 50K to Europe and 70K RT anywhere else in the world including Sydney with no fuel surcharges.

How is VS availability?

ma91pmh Nov 17, 2011 5:59 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 17465849)
How is VS availability?

generally speaking very very good

honu Nov 19, 2011 6:34 am

How would you get to SYD on VS? By way of LHR and HKG? It's my understanding that VS and DJ (Virgin Australia) are separate airlines, so you probably won't able to fly DJ's LAX-BNE/SYD direct/non-stop flights using HA miles, but I'd love to be wrong about this.

jeelele Nov 19, 2011 6:55 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 17465849)
How is VS availability?

Here is a blog post that talks about best redemptions of Hawaiian Miles.

http://www.awardguru.com/blog/?p=254