FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hawaii-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines-447/)
-   -   Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1276790-hawaiian-airlines-credit-card-2-x-35k-offers-archives.html)

pmat2009 Jul 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by gv111 (Post 18989638)
HA redemption on partners are supposed to be bad. Why not just apply for VA cards if u will like VA redemption?

I remember reading somewhere about fuel surcharge on VA miles. Not too familiar with HA or VA miles.

pmat2009 Jul 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by pmat2009 (Post 18989668)
I remember reading somewhere about fuel surcharge on VA miles. Not too familiar with HA or VA miles.

BTW, being based in SF bay area, using HA to hawaii is also possible. I just want to understand all options for using these miles before I start collecting them. Want to stay off chase cards, done AA cards, so looking for next stream of miles.

Happy Jul 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by pmat2009 (Post 18989589)
Planning to do 2x2 apps for these cards netting 140K HA miles.
How usable are these miles for Virgin Atlantic redemption? I am mostly looking at availability for SFO-LHR or SFO-LHR-DEL (Economy/Business).
Anyway to check mock availability?

Most people do this is not for the flight redemption... because it is not a good value.

You would pay a very large cash outlay on the VS flight redemption on your planned route due to the YQ Virgin charges.

pmat2009 Jul 24, 2012 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 18989821)
Most people do this is not for the flight redemption... because it is not a good value.

You would pay a very large cash outlay on the VS flight redemption on your planned route due to the YQ Virgin charges.

Good to know that. I would need to fit in a hilton vacation to justify getting these cards@:-).

weekendsurfer Jul 24, 2012 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 18989821)

hi, sorry to bother as i'm new to this, but can you explain this? I've been saving my HA miles in order to get an upper class seat on VA for my wife and myself from SFO to as far as we can go (i.e. DEL). for HA miles, at least, this requires fewer award miles than Delta.

rtraveler Jul 24, 2012 6:15 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 17854162)
My current plan is to churn these each at least 4 times, getting 280k miles at a minimum and giving me two Virgin Atlantic Upper Class tickets to anywhere VS serves. Any leftover miles will go to HH. Might do it one less time depending on if I want to transfer some AMEX MR points.

What's the cycle time for the churn? Wait 90+ days and don't cancel card 1?

Or cancel card 1 AND then apply for card 2 after 90 days?

Happy Jul 24, 2012 7:51 am

Originally Posted by weekendsurfer (Post 18990332)
hi, sorry to bother as i'm new to this, but can you explain this? I've been saving my HA miles in order to get an upper class seat on VA for my wife and myself from SFO to as far as we can go (i.e. DEL). for HA miles, at least, this requires fewer award miles than Delta.

Your questions would be better served in Hawaiian airlines forum on this site.

Also the HA program rules on the airline's own website regarding redemption should also give you the answers.

ma91pmh Jul 24, 2012 9:10 am

are these cards churnable a la other b of a cards?

Rommie2k6 Jul 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Which card, BoH or BoA, gives lesser miles if you do not get the Signature but the Platinum card?

booyaa Jul 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6 (Post 18996782)
Which card, BoH or BoA, gives lesser miles if you do not get the Signature but the Platinum card?

Spend some time to read the T&Cs in the application. It will say in there.

yoyo Jul 25, 2012 5:16 am

Does B of A allow limit re-allocations when it comes to establish new card limits? Thanks.

gv111 Jul 25, 2012 5:20 am

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 18997849)
Does B of A allow limit re-allocations when it comes to establish new card limits? Thanks.

Yes, they do.

jetsarefast2 Jul 25, 2012 11:33 am

Today, View from the Wing made a post (via MileValue) on redeeming award tickets on Virgin Atlantic without fuel surcharges.

8fingeredflyer Jul 25, 2012 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6 (Post 18996782)

Both are 10K for Plat

pmat2009 Jul 25, 2012 11:51 am

Anyone has first-hand experience with redeeming HA miles on Virgin Atlantic?
The "VFTW" blog seems to say no fuel surcharges. Happy advised otherwise.
No fuel-surcharge + decent availability (I see multiple days for SFO-LHR in august on VS site) would make getting HA miles really valuable.