Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Neighbor Island Travel Plan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HAL Pualani Platinum, Delta Gold

Just got emailed about these plans today and immediately jumped on it.

Buying a block of one way tickets is a great deal for me, but this is the first I've heard of the program. Has this been offered before or is it something new that they're trying out? The grand total for the 30 one way tickets good for 6 months broke down to about 63 bucks each. Anyone else get emails about this program and take advantage of it?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: HA PP, Avis First
I just tried signing up and was denied. Apparently, one has to be invited to join the promotion. Here's the denial quote when I tried to purchase:

"Thank you for your interest, but you are not eligible for the Neighbor Island Travel Plan at this time. This pilot program is being offered to select HawaiianMiles members for a short period."

Here's the website link:
http://www.hawaiianair.com/neighbor-island-travel-plan/
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HAL Pualani Platinum, Delta Gold
I'm not sure what criteria they used to offer the promotion because I asked around and a couple of my coworkers recieved the email and they don't fly nearly as much as I do.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:31 pm

I just got my invite for the inter-island travel program, it looks they are extending the offer to more members.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by gherkin94002
I just got my invite for the inter-island travel program, it looks they are extending the offer to more members.
The nice thing these days is that it only takes a few days to gauge promo response. Apparently, the response has been better than expected and HA opened it up to more travelers. Or, a lot of customers complained!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: Ovaltine secret decoder club, Hilton Diamond, United 1K, Hawaiian air Gold, Starwood Gold
I was able to take advantage of this today.
Much thanks to the original poster for letting us know about this. Ironically, i received an email about this 15 min after i purchased it

Over the last few years, Hawaiian's promo's and compensation have been not very well thought out especially with regard to status pax treatment. This program shows forward thought on their part...something i haven't seen in a while. Perhaps they will further that thought and include something like this for those of us who fly to the mainland frequently. I would certainly buy that package...even thought they don't offer an upgrade to first (unless you are a friend or family member of an employee) to status pax. Pleasant Holidays had a plan like this 10+ years ago. It was something like $999.00 for unlimited HNL-SFO/LAX trips. Would love to see some sort of package plan from HA.
Does HA monitor this site???@:-)
Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:37 pm

Neighbor Island Travel Plan

I just got an email about this program again, it looks they've opened it up to anyone with a Hawaiian Miles account. The overall plan features appear similar except that prices are higher (no surprise) and 12 month expiration date. Annoucement notes: "We have taken everything we know about the way that our local customers prefer to travel and built four different plans. We hope you will find one that meets your needs. Purchase your annual Neighbor Island Travel Plan now while supplies last."

Link:
http://www.hawaiianair.com/neighbor-island-travel-plan

Image file:

Last edited by gherkin94002; Dec 13, 2011 at 2:55 pm
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
hmm..weird I just got this too..but its been around for a long time
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA, DL, HA, WN, UA, B6, KX, Amtrak, HHonors Silver, SPG
Originally Posted by thehoax
This program shows forward thought on their part...something i haven't seen in a while. Perhaps they will further that thought and include something like this for those of us who fly to the mainland frequently. I would certainly buy that package...even thought they don't offer an upgrade to first (unless you are a friend or family member of an employee) to status pax. Pleasant Holidays had a plan like this 10+ years ago. It was something like $999.00 for unlimited HNL-SFO/LAX trips. Would love to see some sort of package plan from HA.
Does HA monitor this site???@:-)
Like that idea. ^ In my case, a JFK-HNL package would be of great interest to me (I'm on the East Coast near BDL). Maybe a package of a certain number of round trips in a one year calendar period?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
Originally Posted by bitachu
hmm..weird I just got this too..but its been around for a long time
Only a select group got the initial offer. This one is available to anyone who is a Hawaiian miles member.

For those not familiar with the offer, need to purchase online. The lounge monitor had no clue what I was asking about; I heard about it from the morning news in the lounge. The agents in Hilo knew a little but not the details.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by gherkin94002
I just got an email about this program again, it looks they've opened it up to anyone with a Hawaiian Miles account. The overall plan features appear similar except that prices are higher (no surprise) and 12 month expiration date. Annoucement notes: "We have taken everything we know about the way that our local customers prefer to travel and built four different plans. We hope you will find one that meets your needs. Purchase your annual Neighbor Island Travel Plan now while supplies last."

Link:
http://www.hawaiianair.com/neighbor-island-travel-plan

Image file:
It depends on what islands you travel to ... a roundtrip ticket between Molokai or Lanai AND Honolulu (for example) will cost you about $360+ RT!!
Old Dec 18, 2011, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thatsajoke
It depends on what islands you travel to ... a roundtrip ticket between Molokai or Lanai AND Honolulu (for example) will cost you about $360+ RT!!
Yeah, I see them pitching it on their website now. Kind of like a modern version of the old coupon thing. As I've said before here, the current interisland fares are so high that they must be discouraging travel.

But I don't think this deal will be too popular. For the more common routes, I'm not sure the savings are good enough to prepay.

For flyertalkers with good credit, you're still better off doing the odd credit card bonus schemes (particularly to get Virgin miles).
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
will gold/platinum still be able to do standby without charge?

Does anyone have experience with standby? The terms & conditions lists the fees and doesn't mention if gold/platinum can still do the free standby. Apologies if covered somewhere as I haven't explored other than the initial announcement/link. If there is info, please provide the link. thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by stravels
Does anyone have experience with standby? The terms & conditions lists the fees and doesn't mention if gold/platinum can still do the free standby. Apologies if covered somewhere as I haven't explored other than the initial announcement/link. If there is info, please provide the link. thanks!
It's in the T&Cs, scroll down towards the bottom:

• HawaiianMiles Elite benefits apply except for:

o Alahula (My Favorite Island Travel Plan) earns 80 miles.

o Same day standby is prohibited if passenger has checked bags on their original ticketed flight.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Anyone take advantage of the TravelPlan yet and fly segments? Interested if there's any notation on your BP as to the TravelPlan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.