Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maximize points & miles from Large Event

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Onepass Platinum Elite
Yes, all bookings and payments will be in my/my company's name.

The way this thread portrays the event may cause you to think there's an ethical problem involved, I can assure you it's not. This trip is being sold as a "package" where the price of accommodation has been set in advance and participants who sign on have accepted the terms.

Accommodation is only a part of what this event will include. The total preparation work required for all aspects of this event will require close to 2 years of full time work. This event is my only source of income for these two years and hence I seek to maximize earnings wherever possible within the already determined budget/spending constraints of the event.

The 300k budget is if I'll only have 100 rooms, interest in the event now however indicates I may easily reach 150 rooms per night which would increase the budget to 450k over the 30 day period.

The hotel credit card options are very interesting. Anyone know if these can be issued to a non-resident alien who owns and operates an American LLC?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Onepass Platinum Elite
Just to add: I do have strict requirements for the type of hotels I can choose, and that will be the overriding determining factor on where to stay. Upgrades, comp rooms etc will be given to volunteer event staff that are necessary to carry out the event.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by ooodaveb
Would you book all the rooms in your name? I'm not sure how exactly the Hilton etc. rewards work but if you booked every room in your name, would you not be elite after the first night?

Spending 300k in rooms should get 10X base points and the bonus points after you complete your first stay? I maybe wrong on this and maybe this is not how it works.
No hotel program works this way. You will only get points as an event organizer. The points you get will be whatever is negotiated in writing before the event.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.