Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Pam Ann US Tour - Multiple Dates and Cities

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2009, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Nut

I don't know how many FTers are familiar with Pam Ann. She is a persona that the comedian Caroline Reid does in shows. She is going to have a US Tour this fall (http://www.pamann-live.com/) and she is very camp and Gay Friendly.

I thought we could perhaps discuss within this thread if groups of people would like to get together for one of her shows on the tour. I will try to make an index within this post for the post with the list of people interested in specific city stops she has.

Dallas

Post your interest and who knows maybe we can get a charter
Old Aug 22, 2009, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Interest in Dallas Pam Ann DO

Dallas - Oct. 20, 2009 Majestic Theater 8 pm

Yes
Scott6067

Maybe

After Party
Scott6067
Old Aug 22, 2009, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Great find!

I've seen her a couple of times, and she's great. We actually discussed it in some thread months ago to maybe do a mini-GAYLA surrounding one of her shows. It would be a hoot to see her with fellow FTers.

She's in NYC the night before many of us leave on the party plane to the BOO DOO. That would be a great way to get things started!

I'm also up for any city. Of course, the ONLY date I can't make it is the Dallas date. Doing a MR to SFO that day.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justforfun
Great find!

I've seen her a couple of times, and she's great. We actually discussed it in some thread months ago to maybe do a mini-GAYLA surrounding one of her shows. It would be a hoot to see her with fellow FTers.

She's in NYC the night before many of us leave on the party plane to the BOO DOO. That would be a great way to get things started!

I'm also up for any city. Of course, the ONLY date I can't make it is the Dallas date. Doing a MR to SFO that day.
She would be a great way to send off the group to the Boo Do!

I have only seen her on film and thing she would be even better in person. Too bad you cant make the Houston date. That is most likely the only one I can make even though it is 4 hours from my house. I may even fly down to see her
Old Aug 24, 2009, 7:21 pm

I just bought tickets for Chicago on October 11th
Thanks for letting us know!
Old Aug 24, 2009, 8:20 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
It's Weds, Oct 28 in NYC http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/000042FDB80C98E5

I'd be interested! Anyone else up for it?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: DL Plat
Question - We saw her on an Atlantis Cruise in 2003. How often does she update her routine? I have some friends who saw her last year in London and said most the jokes/routine were exactly the same.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by EWRTravelers
Question - We saw her on an Atlantis Cruise in 2003. How often does she update her routine? I have some friends who saw her last year in London and said most the jokes/routine were exactly the same.
Let's face it how much of the joke routine can you change about the airlines?

I first saw her in Comedy Camp in London where she had maybe 20 to 30 minute show. About a year ago she was in LA and had the full routine. It was pretty much the same, although definitely worth going.

The show is a bit British oriented with multiple times references to BA and really low cost carriers i.e. Ryanscare.

Last edited by holtju2; Sep 26, 2009 at 3:59 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 25, 2009, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Thanks for posting this - I wasn't aware she was coming to the US!

Saw her in Sydney and it was utterly hilarious. It does seem she repeats the majority of her show, but since there is audience participation, there's always a new laugh to be had.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz #1 President's Circle, SPG Platinum
We are going to see her 10/24 in Miami.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold
We've got a group seeing her in Dallas on 10/20 in row 2. Anyone dressing up like Lily?
Old Sep 11, 2009, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DFWFlyer2
We've got a group seeing her in Dallas on 10/20 in row 2. Anyone dressing up like Lily?
Very Cool! I am still looking to make it. Probably will be coming by myself. Is there room in yalls row still?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
So whom did I bump into last night in New York? Yup, Carline Reid, aka Pam Ann!

After professing my love for her, I told her all about flyertalk and how it could be a good resource for her material. Also told her that we're trying to organize an FT outing to see her this fall. She was very excited. Said she would give a shout out to us when she's doing her NYC show. Love her!
Old Sep 15, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
Originally Posted by EWRTravelers
Obviously you've never seen Joan Rivers perform live then. She tells the same tired old jokes over and over and over again.

She got kind of pissed off at me on my last Atlantis Events cruise because I was saying the punchline before she could.

LOL

I'm getting a few friends to see Pam in Miami............YEAH!!
Old Sep 16, 2009, 7:26 am

Ready for boarding .....es?

Can't wait to see all of you on my US Tour!!

First Class only of course.

LOVE PAM ANN X

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.