Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Which route worldwide most frequented by LGBT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which route worldwide most frequented by LGBT?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2009, 4:18 pm

Cool

How come all the hotties seem to be in coach? I luv flying 1st so I just have to watch them walk by--with the occasional eye contact.

That said, even if Adonis himself were in coach I wouldn't move back.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by getsaround
That said, even if Adonis himself were in coach I wouldn't move back.

Amen to that. Because if you did, 5 minutes later you'd probably find Adonis making out with Hercules, and then you'd have to pay for your drinks to forget the pain. No thanks. Sitting in first next to the trolls with free drinks is fine by me!
Old Aug 9, 2009, 9:13 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
You see a decent number on ATL-NYC, particularly ATL-EWR. Not world-beating numbers, but that route gets its share of traffic, especially on certain weekends.

HKG-BKK also sees a lot of GGG traffic, especially on certain weekends.

I would say you'll see the highest proportions on routes into cities where there's a gay event happening: Palm Springs at Easter, New Orleans at Halloween, New York at Pride, BOS-Ptown during summer....
Old Aug 9, 2009, 9:30 am

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
HKG-BKK also sees a lot of GGG traffic, especially on certain weekends.

I would say you'll see the highest proportions on routes into cities where there's a gay event happening: Palm Springs at Easter, New Orleans at Halloween, New York at Pride, BOS-Ptown during summer....
Worldwide, for regular traffic excluding events, I would guess BKK- DPS, HKT or CNX as no.1.

In North America I would guess NYC- YUL, SFO or MIA.

In Europe my guess would be LON- AMS, PRG or LPA.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:56 am

Talking

Originally Posted by justforfun
Amen to that. Because if you did, 5 minutes later you'd probably find Adonis making out with Hercules, and then you'd have to pay for your drinks to forget the pain. No thanks. Sitting in first next to the trolls with free drinks is fine by me!
Oh, don't get me started on that Hercules manwhore!

To reply to the original posters question---there are usually some male couples on KLM 612 ORD/AMS and KLM 611 return. ALso ORD/FLL & MIA.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by getsaround
How come all the hotties seem to be in coach?
Maybe because they used their upgrades going to Mardi Gras with their boyfriends??
Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:41 pm

Programs: Mlife Plat,Total Rewards Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents C
yea I see a lot of "family" going on p.s. SFO/LAX-JFK

There was an absolutely beautiful FA in C on a recent p.s. flight I took... ^
Old Aug 14, 2009, 2:05 am

Programs: LH SEN, SQ PPS, UA 1K, ANA, SPG GOLD, HYATT PLAT, HHONOUR GOLD
Originally Posted by holtju2
Emirates F on A380.

All the male crew are gay and most of the pax as well. Breeders don't have enough money to bring their families.
I will be on EK F on the A 380 on monday. Will have a serious look at the guys!!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 6:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by justforfun

Yes, well the hot and young often do not have the money or time to travel to the extent of building miles/points for upgrades. I don't recall ever having a hottie sitting next to me in F (although I have had a few hot FAs). But I will tell you one thing I often see a lot of hot straight men in F. There was one recently on a SNA/ORD AA flight next to me (although he kept rambling on about his golf game.)
Old Aug 14, 2009, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Given we are unlikely to sit with hotties in the front, what is the most effective (and efficient) way to chat up a hottie at the back of the plane without sitting there??

Alternatively, how best to convert a straight hottie sitting next to you in F or C?
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by rownada
Alternatively, how best to convert a straight hottie sitting next to you in F or C?
Get them drunk
Old Aug 15, 2009, 6:46 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
This morning, anyway, it's ATL-BOS. At least 6 of 14 in F on DL morning flight are GGG, and a whole parade of queens did the walk of shame to the back. Judging by the chatter and the one I know from the gym, most of these girls are headed to P-town. So this afternoon, that route'll be chocka. Even the beefcake in the cockpit jump seat looks like family. And I, I've been mistaken for an aisle.
(my first post from my BlackBerry, couldn't resist)
Old Aug 15, 2009, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
lol...

I do find your name very original... MegaTOPLover... were you referencing SQ's 744 or are you a MegaTOP yourself??? Let me know if are the latter!
Old Aug 15, 2009, 10:22 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
In my experience, it's definitely ORD-PSP during the White Party.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 12:35 pm

Location: The opinion expessed here are not necessarly those of United Airlines or any affiliates or subsidiaries of UAL Corp..
Originally Posted by rownada
Given we are unlikely to sit with hotties in the front, what is the most effective (and efficient) way to chat up a hottie at the back of the plane without sitting there??

Why wait for the flight? You can start at the gate while waiting to board. Then once in the plane you could buy him a drink to be sent back to Y.

I also think that some travelers have the time and money for F but like to spend their money on the vacation hotel, dinners, and events rather then a large part of their budget on the F or C seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.