Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Sitges Gay Pride 2010 (July 9-11, 2010) GAYLA!!! - & Pre-Do at Mykonos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2009, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat

July 9-14th 2010 Sitges will be celebrating its gay pride weekend for the first time. And as it is summer season, and it's going to be lots of fun!!! I know I've been promising to organize some summertime get together in Sitges for a long time now, and this is the perfect ocation to do it! do you agree?

We will have a weekend of beach, sun, good food, parties, beach, parties, good food, parties, did I mecntion the parties?

As for activities, here's the plan:

FRIDAY JULY 9.

8.30 PM: Cocktails @ the Marina

9.30 PM: Warm-up Tapas @ EL CAFÉ DE LA PLATA. Some of you already know the place, but for those of you that don't, I just have to say it's amazing food in a lovely terrace in the Marina (and did I menction the hot waiters?).

EL CAFÉ is offering us a 'contemporary tapas' menu, that I'm pretty sure everybody will love:

- Patatas Bravas in their very own style
- Shrimps & Soy salad with mango and mint vinagrette
- Canard Micuit foie gras in flower molasses
- Meat rolls stuffed with vegetables and wrapped in bacon
- Sirloin with Provenzal herbs and crunchy vegetables
- Diced chicken breast with mushrooms' cream
- Pear and cheese Fiocci in carrot sauce
- Scamorza wraps in red onions mermelade (AKA RPT-2's)
- Iberian toast (spreaded with fresh tomatoes and olive oil)

- And their special 'Chocolate Temptation' as a dessert.

PRICE PER ATENDEE: 30 €
Please notice that this price doesn't include drinks or tips. You can open a drink tab with the waiters for your drink consumptions. Regarding tips, feel free to tip whatever you want according to your experience on the venue at the end of the dinner.

MIDNIGHT-ISH: Happy Hour (2x1 on the first drink) @ DARK SITGES BAR. This is an exclusive offer for the Gayla Atendees, so make sure you ask me for your 2x1 voucher before getting to the bar.

After this, some bar hopping is in order. I might be convinced to go to Trailer after bars close.

SATURDAY JULY 10.
This is the parade day, so I won't overschedule. We will have enough fun the night before so sleeping late will be in order. If some of you score a suite with sea views at the Calipolis and feels like hosting a parade party, we can plan to do that, otherwise I suggest meeting in the afternoon to enjoy the parade and then keep going until we dance the night away!

MIDNIGHT-ISH: The night will be just starting, and we definitely need to go to the Party in the Park!. A big outdoors park transformed into a big gay club. All I know is that there'll be a good DJ line-up (they've promised!), there are lots of bushes and hidden places if anyone decides to have a private moment, and that the party goes until 6 AM! Price and tickets sale date still TBD.

SUNDAY JULY 11.

1:00 PM: Recovery brunch at the CALIPOLIS HOTEL.

The Hotel is offering us a finger food buffet brunch (1 hour food & drinks service) at the terrace of their ground floor restaurant, with lovely views over the promenade and Barbie Beach (you'll have to guess why we call it that way!). The menu for the event will be as follows:

- Assorted salads
- Vegetables omelette
- Club Sandwiches
- Chicken curry mini-samosas
- Deep fried shrimps in Romesco sauce
- Fideuá con all-i-oli (I suggest you google this one)

- Assorted pastries
- Fruit skewers

- Water, beer, soft drinks, wines (Penedès) and coffee.

PRICE PER ATENDEE: 36 €
Please notice that this price doesn't include tips. Regarding tips, feel free to tip whatever you want according to your experience on the venue at the end of the brunch.

2:30 PM: We can cross the street and go to Barbie Beach for a while, to enjoy the scenery and take a nap, we will need it!

5:00 PM: I hope everybody plans to take advantage of the nap time, because the party continues @ ATLANTIDA with the Matinee Group's pre-Circuit Festival Tea Dance Party! Price and tickets sale date still TBD.

I might be convinced to go to Trailer´s Foam Party after the Tea Dance Party.

And that will be it...enough?
I think it's going to be lots of fun!

Hotels:

I'll be staying for sure at the ALENTI HOTEL, a brand new 4* little boutique hotel with only 9 rooms right in the middle of the action (and don't try to score the suite, it is already mine ). We got a FlyerTalk special rate for that weekend! Details HERE!

Transportation:

Fly into BCN and take the train from the airport to El Prat de Llobregat (1st stop). Once there, look for the platforms of train line C2 - SUD direction Vilanova/Vilafranca del Penedès. They all will stop in Sitges. Train rides every 30 minutes and it's an easy 25 minutes ride for about 3€.

You can also cab it for around 40 €.

Registration & Payment:

As you can imagine, there will be pre-payment for the organized events (Friday dinner and Sunday brunch). July is a busy season in Sitges, and both venues are requesting for a downpayment and a CC to secure the reservation. And I love you all but I don't want to pay for someone's brunch becasue they didn't show up because of completely valid reasons as a monumental hangover or having found the summer love of their life!

JUNE 17TH: REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!

Confirmed [PRE-DO] (4)
a330marcus
JCinNYC
justforfun
SeeYa

Confirmed & Paid [Sitges] (17)
dragonfirebcn
a330marcus
alanw
dollaroff
GK + SP! + Jason
itsaboutthejourney
JCinNYC
justforfun
LukasVIE
meFIRST
oxfordjames
PHLbuddy
SeeYa
tmartazu
wiredboy10003

Last edited by dragonfirebcn; Jun 20, 2010 at 8:35 am
Old Aug 3, 2009, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by dragonfirebcn
I know is almost a year ahead, but July 9, 10 and 11 2010 Sitges will be celebrating its gay pride weekend for the first time. And as it is summer season, and it's probably going to be lots of fun and parties, I was wondering if this event would catch the interest of enough FT'ers like for organizing some get-together? There's already 3 of us living in the area, so it would be easy to organize something!

As you can see on the pride website, there's no official program yet for the festivities, but I will be updating this post as soon as I get more info!
I was thinking about going back around our July 4th holiday season next summer so taking that week after would include Pride there. I saw the banners when I was there last month. Dragonfirebcn, please keep us updated. Also, do you know if hotels are selling out fast.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
hey drag-onfire-bcn:

Consider me very interested, pending my work schedule! ^
Old Aug 3, 2009, 1:38 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
I'm def. interested too.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I was thinking about going back around our July 4th holiday season next summer so taking that week after would include Pride there. I saw the banners when I was there last month. Dragonfirebcn, please keep us updated. Also, do you know if hotels are selling out fast.
A little early to tell that, but I'll keep an eye on the hotels!

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
hey drag-onfire-bcn:

Consider me very interested, pending my work schedule! ^
You know your work schedule kinda hates me lately
Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:33 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
I'm usually in BCN from about July 4 to 15, so count me in!
Old Aug 3, 2009, 5:30 pm

Sounds like a fun weekend! Consider me "interested" too.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by dragonfirebcn
You know your work schedule kinda hates me lately
but a postponed dinner at W Barcelona is something to "work around"
Old Aug 4, 2009, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
but a postponed dinner at W Barcelona is something to "work around"
Not a restaurant in the roof terrace but a sky bar, now officially...so I guess the dinner will be around the pool
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Put me as interested as well.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 1:31 pm

The questions is - how many times can one go to Sitges in a year?

This year we have been there for carnival in February, during the later part of July and now we are going for 10 days the first part of September.

The hotel knows us, the waiters know us, the bartenders know us. Probably the people in the back room know us.

But sure, do put me down as very interested. I will start arranging my calendar around it now. I would hate to be marked absent.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 1:41 pm

Smile Sitges Gay Pride.

I am definitely interested. Saw this advertised when I was there in July. I will have to reserve my room for then before I go to Carnival in Feb. I will contact my regular hotel to make sure they keep my me a room available. Dinner, dancing, playing, fun, sun, men! WOW. I don't even go to Pride in NYC, but am REALLY, really wanting to go to this one. I will make sure to see you all there!^^^
Old Aug 8, 2009, 9:28 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by saint82
The hotel knows us, the waiters know us, the bartenders know us. Probably the people in the back room know us.
The people in the back room probably know you because they still have your wallet.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
The people in the back room probably know you because they still have your wallet.
who goes out with a wallet anyway?
Old Aug 12, 2009, 10:34 am

Hi,

The parade will take place in the late afternoon. It will start at Av.Sofia (by the Calipolis) and then make its way through Ribera by the Sea front and then turn at the bottom by the church, where it will make its way back up to Av.Sofia.

At the end of the parade all of the floats, participants and spectators will make their way to Av.Sofia which will be closed off and will become the centre of a major street fair with stands, bars, food, etc.. This will continue until the evening (Not certain of final times, but approx 10pm) whereafter people can make their way to various parties that will be organised to celebrate the event.

A special concert is also being planned as are a series of cultural events to coincide with the festivities. AFGAL, is the organising committee. We will let you know when we have more details and as the site develops over time, we will post updates. The best hotels to view the event from your balcony are obviously going to book up first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.