Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Delhi: gay relations decriminalized. Put India on my travel map?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2009, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

I had many opportunities to travel to India but never did because of the illegality of gay sex, which would be part of my travel experience.

Seems like that's changing, initially in Delhi. Guess I'll put Delhi on my future travel map, as soon as they open the first sauna there...

India gays win landmark ruling decriminalizing homosexual sex... A Delhi court rules that punishment for sexual relations between consenting adults is a violation of constitutional rights. The ruling applies to Delhi but is seen as a trendsetter for the country... full article
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ugh, skip Delhi. Go elsewhere in India...unless you want to spend your vacation in traffic and pollution.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 1:05 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
While the recent announcement is positive (thread on the subject in OMNI PR) I am not sure you will see much visible change in the near future....

I sincerely doubt you will see saunas being opened any time soon...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.