Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ams. A gay town ??

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2009, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Ams. A gay town ??

Greetings from Sweden all..Hope eveyrone is doing well..I would like to take a weekend to go to AMS in June..Can you recommend any good hotels ? Gay or straight. Cafe's, shops, etc..

Thanks
David
Old May 26, 2009, 2:29 am

I found the gay bars and clubs in AMS to be quite sad and lacking, most other major cities in Europe are much better. The sauna scene is a different story.
Old May 27, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
you should check NIGHTTOURS website for all relevant information about gay life in AMS, including party agenda, pictures and reviews of bars/restaurants/hotels/parties/etc
Old May 28, 2009, 3:08 pm

I second iwareboy. The bar scene in AMS of late has become rather mundane. 10 years back it was still fun and current, now Paris, London and Cologne for me easily take top marks for bar hopping.

Live in AMS, the city is beautiful, love it. You will have it good taking in the museums, the canals and maybe a joint! O and they cleaning up their act with the red light district. Ams is so losing its mark.

The sauna scene, ditto. Biggest sauna in western eu was it? cant recall. Anyways hope the sun is shining when you get in. Good luck!
Old Jun 2, 2009, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, Hawaiian, Alaska
I'm just back from Amsterdam, stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer, it was a nice property and very centrally located, easy to walk around or hop on a tram to get to the different gay areas of town.

If you want to try some great Indonesian food try:

Tempo Doeloe, you will need a reservation, excellent meal, try the 28 course rice table.

Utrechtsestraat 75
Amsterdam, Netherlands 1017 VJ
+31 20 625 67 18

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.