Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

I might go to the Black Party in NYC-please stop lauging

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2009, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia

long enough to answer a simple question
I don't own any "leather"drag-how strict are they about observing a leather only sensability?I guess I could buy a pair of Levis(don't own a pair of these either)And I do own some flannel shirts-and I do own a pair of very uncofortable but very butch lumerjack boots.Would this "psuedo Berkley lesbian" type drag pass muster?

TIA
Old Mar 4, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
I've never been, but I've helped people dress for it and I've seen lots of photos.

It's more of a leather/fetish/outrageousness thing. Whatever you wear, by the end of the night it'll mostly be on the floor. It can get very warm in there. If it's any guide, there are stories about how late in the party, people climb up on the speakers and take a wizz into the crowd. Or worse. Much worse.

The most memorable outfit I've seen was on a really cute friend. He was wearing just black leather shorts and used makeup to create burn marks and bruises. It was depraved and in bad taste which was the whole idea.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Hi bigguy!

The more in-synch you are dressed, the more fun you will have. Unless you are going with friends who will keep you entertained, guys will generally talk to other like-minded (and like-dressed, and like-fetish) guys.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 4:57 pm
Former user name: laundrian

Programs: Moderator: Traveling with Jewelry, UA GS, Starwood
If you ever need to borrow my black Chanel boots, maybe you could squeeze those feet in ...

Where is the black party ? Please educate me... what's there? and.. where?
Old Mar 4, 2009, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by ArtfullyUrs
If you ever need to borrow my black Chanel boots, maybe you could squeeze those feet in ...

Behind my building lol... Roseland Ball on 52nd btw 8th & Bway. When? 3/21, but that's all I know (found you yesterday). I've never been to those parties.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by ArtfullyUrs
Sweetie, be careful... those boys would snap you like a twig!

For some footage of the event go to "Saint at Large" website and look at the video. It's not safe for work.

Last edited by peteropny; Mar 5, 2009 at 7:01 am Reason: explicit images
Old Mar 5, 2009, 1:00 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
How does this get past NYC regulations? The last few years in NYC I haven't even been able to find decent strippers/gogo boys in bars which I thought was down to Guiliani's crackdown. Is it because this is a one-off event?
Old Mar 5, 2009, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Morland
How does this get past NYC regulations? The last few years in NYC I haven't even been able to find decent strippers/gogo boys in bars which I thought was down to Guiliani's crackdown. Is it because this is a one-off event?
I've never thought about it. A lot of Giuliani's crackdowns had to do with places that sold alcohol. Even now, an exotic dancer of either gender can't be completely nude in a place that serves liquor. Maybe patrons of the Black Party, are, um, using different substances shall we say?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.