Punta del Este

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2008, 12:08 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Punta del Este

Hi All,

So I've been toying with the idea of spending a weekend in Punta on my next trip down south. Has anyone been recently? I keep reading that the hip area is in La Barra, but the one or two gay clubs are in town.

While I've read that the bars and discos in La Barra are gay friendly, are they really mixed? Trying to get info about the scene down there, and it's hard to discern about the gay scene specifically. I read that the gay beach is Playa Chihuahua and found a reference to a disco called Kronos off of tripadvisor. But that's about the extent of it.

Any pointers are welcome. Really, just looking for a fun, beachy, party weekend atmosphere.

Last edited by RChavez; Dec 23, 2008 at 5:20 pm
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by RChavez
Really, just looking for a fun, beachy, party weekend atmosphere.
Sounds like Rio for me.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 9:24 am

While staying in MVD, I only went to Punta for the day. However I got the impression it was sort of like visiting the Hamptons. A friend who visited a few times said the most fun is at house parties.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 3:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG-Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat
Read this

I went to Punta del Este in March - and stayed two nights at the Conrad. By early March the season was over. I think the gay clubs are there but only active in the two month season on the weekends. El Barra was a cool place, but finding out about a house party as mentioned above is probably the way to go. It is a safe, simple place with a lot going for it in today's world..

Trip Report that includes Punta del Este

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.