Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

NYC GAYLA III - October 16-18, 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC GAYLA III - October 16-18, 2009

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2009, 5:04 pm

Can we talk to the manager at the W and get that awesome suite??
This one is tough for me; already too many trips planned in Sept & Oct, but I'll put it on the calendar.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KenCT
One of the real drawbacks of the large dinners, shows, or bar hopping is that you get to converse only with the people in your immediate area. One of the nice things about Palm Springs this year was that there were ample opportunities for socializing with everyone in the group.
Agreed.

I always regret not being able to meet more FTers at these gatherings simply because it's not logistically possible to interact with them. It's either too noisy, too crowded, or we're seated.

There must be some way to increase opportunities for meaningful interactions. Time to put the thinking cap on.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
This one is tough for me; already too many trips planned in Sept & Oct, but I'll put it on the calendar.
Seriously. Sept. and Oct. are chock full of events. There's Oktoberfest, the NY GAYLA, the *A MegaDo, and the Boo Doo. God forbid I say no to one of them. They all sound like great fun.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 9:18 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Count me in

As a strong probably.
And I am definatly in the"something besides all night bar crawl"camp when it comes to get togethers.
I really enjoyed the W get together last year.
Wondering if any other chains have a property they would like to show off?
Or maybe the new W in Hoboken would like to host us (c'mon-it is just a train ride away!)for a get together ^
Old Apr 12, 2009, 11:31 am
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
I hope I can make it!

I have a goal of spending less time in the air and more on the ground exploring the east coast. I haven't made it to NYC in what feels like far too long!
Old Apr 12, 2009, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Can we talk to the manager at the W and get that awesome suite??
Great idea!
Old Apr 12, 2009, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priceline Titanium
These are concerns I've thought about and I've tried to do as much as I can to address them within the parameters I have - some of you missed the cocktail party that began the Gayla on Friday night. I did do a cocktail hour to begin Saturday dinner as well - it's a little difficult in that restaurant, but that kind of price point and food is tough to come by in NYC. Not everything pleases everyone.

And unfortunately, almost every scheduled date is bad for someone. I did check with other Do and Gayla organizers before announcing this date last December. At this point, I'm pretty unable to host anything during a heavy dance period in NYC - that leaves a narrow window of opportunity, but I hope it will be good for some!

We'll do more planning much closer to the time and I'm really looking forward to seeing as many of you as can make it!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:08 am
Former user name: laundrian

Programs: Moderator: Traveling with Jewelry, UA GS, Starwood
Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
I'll give suggestions to FlyBalletGuy, but he'll make the decisions.
Smart !!!

G is a nice place to mingle. Plus my straight tattoo boyfriend works there. Where have you been Auntie ??
Old Apr 13, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Unhappy

FlyBalletGuy, mark me down as definitely not being able to make it for two years in a row. I'll be at a wedding on the other side of the world.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:33 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by ArtfullyUrs
G is a nice place to mingle. Plus my straight tattoo boyfriend works there. Where have you been Auntie ??
After my trip to Sydney, I'm subtly a wreck. I still can't get to sleep before 3am and wake up like I've never slept. Feel like going somewhere around 2am tonight?
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:58 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by ArtfullyUrs
G is a nice place to mingle.
How about a friendly bar instead?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Once again, Quikbook is having specials until the end of the week - several hotels under $200 with fully cancelable reservations (again, there are some pre-pay options mixed in so check carefully before reserving!)

It's a great way to make a back-up reservation and then keep your eye out for something more desireable when your plans are more fixed.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Me + 1 will be there!
Old Apr 30, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: having fun
I will be there...can not wait to see everyone
Old May 2, 2009, 1:10 am

Programs: UA 1P
Flyertalkers and G? Thats like my 2 favorite things in the world, lol. I hope I'm still going to be around by the time October comes around so I can join in some of the festivities

j

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.