Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Mardi Gras in New Orleans 2009?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2008, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / CO PLT

Anybody Going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras? I am looking at the ticket price of $400~ from RDU, probably going to buy an award ticket on United
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:13 am

I absolutely love New Orleans. But the one time I will not return again is Mardi Gras. I never saw so many drunk straight people spilling their guts out on the street in my life. And it is so packed that you cannot move. Much better to go on a regular weekend, or Halloween or another festival, when you can see the real New Orleans.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 5:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
I would rather wait till Southern Decadance
Old Dec 16, 2008, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Continental, US Airways, American,
Yes, I think I will wait unti SoDec too...please hurricanes stay away this year!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by saaws
Anybody Going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras? I am looking at the ticket price of $400~ from RDU, probably going to buy an award ticket on United
Pvt me if you're still thinking about going and would like a companion
Old Dec 24, 2008, 1:08 pm

Couldn't agree more with SAINT82---Mardi gras is the WORST time to visit the city. Full of drunk straight men screaming at women "Show Us Your Tits".Childish , offensive behavior by a basically red neck southern crowd. Go anytime else and you'll have a better time.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL PM .313 MM & CRC, AA .453 MM, HH Silver, Priority Club, Fairmont President's Club
Originally Posted by getsaround
Couldn't agree more with SAINT82---Mardi gras is the WORST time to visit the city. Full of drunk straight men screaming at women "Show Us Your Tits".Childish , offensive behavior by a basically red neck southern crowd. Go anytime else and you'll have a better time.
Still, it's something everyone should do at least once. My apartment is on Bourbon St., between St. Ann and Dumaine, so we'll definitely be there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.