Wiki Posts
Search

Flirting in the FF Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance, KLM Flying Blue
Flirting in the FF Lounge

Sitting in the Diamond Club lounge in LHR T1 yesterday. In walks a cute guy who sort of stares at me when he drops his bags at the next set of couches to me. He then goes up to the bar and gets himself a drink. Stares some more. At this I begin to wonder if he is flirting. We exchange some more looks but I am still not certain. His flight is called and gets up. He begins to walk off, turns round and looks directly at me and then gives me a very broad grin.

Do other folk find this happens to them lots? I think this was the first time I have ever had a guy check me out in a lounge. Would any of you ever act on it and start up a conversation?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, but once I happened to make eye contact with a cute guy while walking in to the bathroom in T2 at ORD. He proceeded to turn back into the bathroom, walk up next to me at the urinal, whipped it out, and started, er, touching himself. (I don't know what the profanity filter will let through...)

I just peed and walked away. Airport bathrooms just don't seem that romantic to me.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance, KLM Flying Blue
Wasn't think about that so much. More would folk strike up a conversation or even pass on a mobile phone number?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stockycub1973
Wasn't think about that so much. More would folk strike up a conversation or even pass on a mobile phone number?
Absolutely. Seems he was pretty interested, though I'm generally the last person one should ask in such matters.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 9:26 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Would any of you ever act on it and start up a conversation?
Well, sure. Why not? As good a place as any to chat with someone (and better than many). You already have some things in common: travel, and probably a lot of it because you're both in the lounge.

And even if nothing comes of it, at least you perfect your skill of having conversations with strangers. ^

As for whipping it out whilst standing next to you at the urinal - that's a bit too forward IMHO, especially for an airline lounge. I mean, in the downstairs loo at Barcode at 1:30 on a Sunday morning is one thing; but in the bathroom at ORD? Wow, not the right time or place. I mean, what are you going to do? Get it on in the cubicle?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajax

As for whipping it out whilst standing next to you at the urinal - that's a bit too forward IMHO, especially for an airline lounge. I mean, in the downstairs loo at Barcode at 1:30 on a Sunday morning is one thing; but in the bathroom at ORD? Wow, not the right time or place. I mean, what are you going to do? Get it on in the cubicle?
This was my reaction exactly.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:04 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ahem - gentle warning to keep this non-explicit. Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:50 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ajax
but in the bathroom at ORD?
Yeah, the one at MSP works much better for that stuff.

(but that has already been discussed to death...)
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:48 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, AC, DL Plat, Amtrk SE, AmEx Plat, Bonvoy Plat (via SPG), HH Gold, Accor Plat, WOH Dis
Sitting in the Diamond Club lounge in LHR T1 yesterday. In walks a cute guy who sort of stares at me when he drops his bags at the next set of couches to me. He then goes up to the bar and gets himself a drink. Stares some more. At this I begin to wonder if he is flirting. We exchange some more looks but I am still not certain. His flight is called and gets up. He begins to walk off, turns round and looks directly at me and then gives me a very broad grin.

Do other folk find this happens to them lots? I think this was the first time I have ever had a guy check me out in a lounge. Would any of you ever act on it and start up a conversation?
I wish. As a fellow Stockycub, I need more boys to blatantly flirt with me...if only to improve my self esteem!
Old Dec 5, 2008, 2:23 pm
Former user name: laundrian

Programs: Moderator: Traveling with Jewelry, UA GS, Starwood
I thought I saw Larry Craig a few times but then I realized they are just some old men who try to pick up young innocent boy at the airport.

As for flirting or talking to people, I never had a problem. I talk to everyone. I think one should go for it because you never know what may happen.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 5:16 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass

Dude, you got CRUISED! That's awesome, and I can't remember the last time it happened to me. But isn't it fun?!
Old Dec 5, 2008, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Yes in the lounges. Yes in the airport bars. Yes in the air! And ATTN to the F/A on UA 906 ORD-MUC who was working F on 10/11........if you are on FT and read this, send me a PM! ^
Old Dec 6, 2008, 8:27 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Happens to me somewhat frequently, but moreso in Asia than in the U.S. Lots of cruisythings at Suvarnabhumi-- and flying TG too, for that matter. There was a thread recently in the SQ forum by a young Brit who thought he was getting chatted up by staff in the Silver Kris Lounge; he was freaked out by it, but a lot of folks said "go with the flow" and others confirmed it happening to them. I asked, "T2 or T3?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.