Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Sartorial Question for Left Coast Types

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sartorial Question for Left Coast Types

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2008, 5:30 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by sushibear
Not responding so much to your OP as some of the other posts. The last time I was there, I met up with some friends from Nashville. All they had with them were shorts and tee shirts.
Weird isn't it? My ex-trainer moved to San Francisco to take a job as regional manager for a chain of gyms. He had an entire scenario in his mind. He thought he would buy a convertible, live on the beach, only wear shorts and sandals, and drive the 'hour or two' to LA every weekend. People don't realize that LA and SF are real cities, just a little more relaxed than New York. The last time I saw him he was wearing a sport jacket and chinos.

I live near NY University and every fall I see 18 year old girls starting school. They show up in tank tops and super short tennis skirts. Then they wonder why all the guys they walk past say to them, 'Have a nice night, baby'.

Appropriateness, darlings!
Old Nov 26, 2008, 8:06 pm

Programs: A shadow of my former self
Originally Posted by KenCT
And wouldn't you know, that's what I had in mind. With an unbuttoned turquoise shirt and lots of jewelry, I was thinking that would be just the ticket.
Pronounced turr-KWAZ, right?
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:45 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Presidents Circle
Depending on the type of business function; if I'm meeting with clients, I wear blue/black/brown jackets, but I mix up the shirt colors.

You'll probably be too cold in linen...but I think 65 is cold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.