Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Quebec City recommendations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2008, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP

Going to Quebec City for the first time, looking for some recommendations.

First of all, any hotel suggestions? Looking for something nice, in the midst of things (sightseeing, restaurants, bars), something trendy and/or stylish. Don't want anything too corporate-like or blue hair, but also not the W crowd (a.k.a. "40k a year Millionaires")

Also, any bars recommendations would be nice as well. Thanks
Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:35 pm

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Quebec is a beautiful town and the capital and social heart of the province, but keep in mind it is really quite a small town. There are a few gay bars and it seems as many bathhouses, you won't have any trouble finding it all on google. There are some nice boutique hotels that are just chic without trying so hard à la W. Food is amazing.

I have been told that the Hôtel Dominion is good. I have not stayed there. I like the Château Frontenac, it is a traditional Canadian railway hotel, very nice but perhaps a bit too staid for some (it is the opposite of chic, but quite wonderful if you get an upgraded room - the regular rooms are kind of tiny). It is a Fairmont if you are with their programme.

As for bars, start at Le Drague (815, rue St-Augustin), and see what you find from there. It is very quiet weeknights.

It is a really great city, especially if you like history and culture. And the boys are adorable.

Bon voyage!

Originally Posted by asnovici
Going to Quebec City for the first time, looking for some recommendations.

First of all, any hotel suggestions? Looking for something nice, in the midst of things (sightseeing, restaurants, bars), something trendy and/or stylish. Don't want anything too corporate-like or blue hair, but also not the W crowd (a.k.a. "40k a year Millionaires")

Also, any bars recommendations would be nice as well. Thanks
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, IHG Platinum, One Man Street Fair in my spare time
I went to Skate Canada in QC in 2007, and was completely pleasantly surprised by my stay at the Courtyard (Marriott) Quebec City at 850 Place DYouville. It is just outside the walls of the old city and was a great base to tour from. Have fun - Quebec City is fabulous, and one of the most interesting cities in the New World.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG lifetime platinum
Auberge St. Antoine

You should consider staying at the Auberge Saint-Antoine. It is located at the water front directly across from the port area in an area of QC that is undergoing a wonderful upgrading and renovation. The hotel is very stylish having just opened recently and is a beautiful renovation of an older structure. Based on my observations during a week stay in QC this is THE place to stay. I was at the Chateau Frontenac and it is quite nice for what it is (a large convention hotel).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.