Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

New Orleans/Atlanta Bars etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2008, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus

Hi Guys,

I'll be spending a few nights in New Orleans and then Atlanta in four weeks. Haven't been to New Orleans since a crazy southern decadence weekend 10 years ago. Likewise, haven’t been to Atlanta in quite a few years. Any suggestions on bars, saunas, etc? My preferences lean towards western/levi/leather.

Thanks.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 7:39 pm
In memoriam

Programs: United
It's been a while, but I've always enjoyed Rawhide in New Orleans.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 11:37 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Eastbaymike welcome to flyertalk,and welcome to thie GLBT forum
Please do a search on this forum for "orleans" and lots of recent threads will appear.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Actually, there are not too many recent threads on New Orleans. Most date more than a year ago and all deal with the aftermath of Katrina. We do need some serious updates here.
Since I am planning to go to NOLA in a few months, any advice on where to stay and where to play is appreciated.

Last edited by Dieuwer; Jun 24, 2008 at 12:29 pm
Old Jun 25, 2008, 5:28 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
If you're going to New Orleans for Halloween, definitely try another search. There's a thread on that every year (though sometimes the previous year's thread gets re-started). If you're going for Southern Decadence, I'm not sure whether there have been any threads on that, but I think so.

To summarize what I've noticed in my recent trips, I don't think all that much has changed recently. Most of the hotels are back up and running post-Katrina, though some have been reflagged. Most of the gay places are more or less the same as ever-- dancing and circuit music tops at Oz, second-best (but still good) at Pub. Daytimes decent (ahem) at either one, but Pub is sometimes more crowded. I haven't been to Lafitte's or Good Friends in a while, nor to any of the several G-friendly places in the Marigny.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz #1 President's Circle, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
If you're going to New Orleans for Halloween, definitely try another search. There's a thread on that every year (though sometimes the previous year's thread gets re-started). If you're going for Southern Decadence, I'm not sure whether there have been any threads on that, but I think so.

To summarize what I've noticed in my recent trips, I don't think all that much has changed recently. Most of the hotels are back up and running post-Katrina, though some have been reflagged. Most of the gay places are more or less the same as ever-- dancing and circuit music tops at Oz, second-best (but still good) at Pub. Daytimes decent (ahem) at either one, but Pub is sometimes more crowded. I haven't been to Lafitte's or Good Friends in a while, nor to any of the several G-friendly places in the Marigny.
What about the ATL part of his post?

I might be in ATL for a night or two in a few weeks for some training. Where can I get a good gay happy hour after a long day in class?
Old Jul 3, 2008, 8:42 pm

In MSY I would suggest Rawhide/Corner Pocket. Always seem to have a more "intersting" crowd (at least from a 22 y/o's perspective).

Also try Lafitte's in Exile for drinks. Always have a good mixed crowd in there.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Continental, US Airways, American,
Rawhide is a must if you are into debauchery. The Country Club, although out of the French Quarter is great if you like to swim/sunbathe nude - plus they have a bar and restaurant. Very fun, especially on the weekend. Phoenix is also good for debauchery but the crowd is a little long in the tooth, mostly...Good luck, the big easy is still alive and kicking!!!
Old Dec 16, 2008, 8:19 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Atlanta bars?

My SO and I are going to Atlnata for a weekend (wedding for a friend of ours), and will be staying at W Buckhead. Are there any gay bars/nightlife around the area/ Would we be better off at W Midtown or W Downtown? The only bars I have ever been to in Atlanta were Backstreet and Armory, but my understanding those are long gone. Any advise?
Old Dec 17, 2008, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Gold, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I've only lived in Atlanta a few months, but I have the advantage of having been a visitor previously.

Heretic is still here and is usually cited as the big dance club. There's an Eagle on Ponce de Leon. They're down to only one sex club and one bath house these days.

I'd stay at the W Midtown if you're insisting on W. It used to be a Sheraton; I stayed there. The rooms will be really big for a W. It's on 14th St. so it's more in the middle of things. (But there's really gnarly construction on 14th by the Interstate . . .)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.