Wiki Posts
Search

Copenhagen tips?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2007, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot Premier, UAL Premier
Copenhagen tips?

I'll be in Copenhagen November 13-18. Any tips on gay places to stay and things to do?
Old Oct 13, 2007, 9:31 am

May the link serve all youre needs

http://www.aok.dk/section/english
Old Oct 15, 2007, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot Premier, UAL Premier
thanks! if anyone else will be there, let me know!
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: United Global Services, UA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Any updates on Copenhagen??? Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:40 pm

Not sure if it is a "thing to see or do", but here's a nice central place to stay: http://www.copenhagen-rainbow.dk/ - not at all "raunchy", a place you could bring your grandmother as well, but a gay B&B all the same, with a host (a trained lawyer, none the less) who knows and can provide expert advice on the city (from raunchy to classy).
Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, NW Plat, UA 2P
Originally Posted by chrisjur
Any updates on Copenhagen??? Thanks!
Chris: I did not respond earlier to this because I thought you would have been inundated with information on this most friendly of cities with a very open though small gay scene. (Denmark is a small country, and Copenhagen is a small city.) Here's a very quick list to get you started.

The main "gay village" is mostly along and around Studiestrade between Vester Volgade & Norregade (about two blocks), only a block away from the Town Hall Square (or Radhuspladsen).

The popular bars here are "Masken" and "Cosy Bar" which are almost directly across the street from each other on Studiestrade.

Amigo Sauna is on Studiestrade on the same side as Masken, about 2-3 doors away.

"Men's" bar, an incredibly friendly and sociable bar, where you can get all the other information you need, is just off Studiestrade on Lars Bjorns Strade, heading away from the Town Hall Square toward Orsteds Parken, where you will meet like-minded and very friendly people. This park has had a few problems this past summer, but nothing which should deter you from a visit if you are so inclined.

"Oscar" on Vester Volgade facing the side of Town Hall (NOT the Tivoli side) is a bar/cafe/restaurant which is extremely popular during the day and evening. It is not a pickup bar, but is gay and everyone is friendly (who am I to say what kind of luck you have? <hehe>).

For dancing there is "Never Mind" on Norre Volgade across from Orsteds Parken at the far end where Norre Volgade meets Vester Volgade, and just around the corner and down a bit on NV from Men's bar.

There are other popular places like "Central Corner", but you have a good start there. Everything is close and within quick and easy walking distance, and the people are very friendly and helpful. English is spoken by almost everyone. Cosy Bar and Never Mind tend to be late in starting and go through the night, especially on weekends.

Send me a PM if you need more detailed info.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
MeVoy, thanks for the recent update! Going to CPH thi weekend thanks to DL, stating at the Marriott, kinda near the center... Anyone have anything to add? Bars/clubs/saunas/Restaurants, or any don't-miss sightseeing too? We arrive Saturday noon and depart Monday noon. Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by kyushuman
MeVoy, thanks for the recent update! Going to CPH thi weekend thanks to DL, stating at the Marriott, kinda near the center... Anyone have anything to add? Bars/clubs/saunas/Restaurants, or any don't-miss sightseeing too? We arrive Saturday noon and depart Monday noon. Thanks in advance!
Let me know how it is- I'm there on the same Delta deal April 2nd..still don't have hotel- need to get on that!
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:00 am

Programs: Bombay Sapphire; Sephora Plat
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Let me know how it is- I'm there on the same Delta deal April 2nd..still don't have hotel- need to get on that!
I'm flying there tomorrow
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by dragonfirebcn
I'm flying there tomorrow
Me too!
We'll be there Saturday noon to Monday noon, staying at the Marriott. Want to meet for drinks?
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:59 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
For future reference for those interested in design, the Radisson Blu Royal in Copenhagen was the first ever design hotel and to this day is a great place to stay. Designed by Arne Jacobsen, of Egg chair fame. Room 606 is still in its original design and be booked. Loved the place.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: AC*SE
Anyone have any updates on Copenhagen? I'll be there over the Labour Day weekend with my partner. We're staying at the First Skt Petri. We're 37 & 24, love great cocktails, gay nightlife, etc. I'm doing my own research, of course, but any tips or inside info appreciated!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by MeVoy
Chris: I did not respond earlier to this because I thought you would have been inundated with information on this most friendly of cities with a very open though small gay scene. (Denmark is a small country, and Copenhagen is a small city.) Here's a very quick list to get you started.

The main "gay village" is mostly along and around Studiestrade between Vester Volgade & Norregade (about two blocks), only a block away from the Town Hall Square (or Radhuspladsen).

The popular bars here are "Masken" and "Cosy Bar" which are almost directly across the street from each other on Studiestrade.

Amigo Sauna is on Studiestrade on the same side as Masken, about 2-3 doors away.

"Men's" bar, an incredibly friendly and sociable bar, where you can get all the other information you need, is just off Studiestrade on Lars Bjorns Strade, heading away from the Town Hall Square toward Orsteds Parken, where you will meet like-minded and very friendly people. This park has had a few problems this past summer, but nothing which should deter you from a visit if you are so inclined.

"Oscar" on Vester Volgade facing the side of Town Hall (NOT the Tivoli side) is a bar/cafe/restaurant which is extremely popular during the day and evening. It is not a pickup bar, but is gay and everyone is friendly (who am I to say what kind of luck you have? <hehe>).

For dancing there is "Never Mind" on Norre Volgade across from Orsteds Parken at the far end where Norre Volgade meets Vester Volgade, and just around the corner and down a bit on NV from Men's bar.

There are other popular places like "Central Corner", but you have a good start there. Everything is close and within quick and easy walking distance, and the people are very friendly and helpful. English is spoken by almost everyone. Cosy Bar and Never Mind tend to be late in starting and go through the night, especially on weekends.

Send me a PM if you need more detailed info.
Having just been, I can confirm that all of this (wonderful and helpful) information remains accurate. Made it to all of the suggested venues except for Central Corner and Amigo.

It did surprise me that you could still smoke in all of these bars (except for Cafe Oscar).
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
It's been a few years.... any Copenhagen updates?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Adam1222
It's been a few years.... any Copenhagen updates?
The pride parade is tomorrow/today, so material about what's out and about should be pretty easily accessible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.