Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Gay New York City Nightlife [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gay New York City Nightlife [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2006, 6:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by catwood
add dill vodka to that list.
Is that the good list or the bad list? My gut says the latter.

Next time I go in though, I'm going to suggest they give cucumber vodka a go. I had the most amazing cocktails with cucumber vodka when I was in Buenos Aires. Very refreshing...I'm tempted to try infusing it myself at home.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum
where in buenos aires? I live here now...(well at least for a few more months).

Dill goes on the bad list, but i had a little party at Vlada and it was fun.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 2:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by catwood
where in buenos aires? I live here now...(well at least for a few more months).
This was at Casa Cruz on Uriarte in Palermo. I really can't say enough positive things about my meal there....plus the restaurant is gorgeous. It is definitely one of the more expensive places in town, but with the exchange rate, it's still relatively affordable. Dinner for 4 people with 3 courses, 2 bottles of wine, and a couple rounds of cocktails came to around 900 pesos.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RChavez
You know, of all the places in the city, Splash is the one place where I've never been able to talk my way out of a cover. I'm really surprised to hear that others have managed to get reduced or comp admission by just asking.

I'll have to try myself whenever I make it down there again. Though I really don't see myself going there anytime soon.
Well, I think the flexibility and the emptiness of the club go hand in hand. It was a breeze to get reduced cover about a month ago, probably because they were getting desperate to fill the place up.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 2:52 pm

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Has anyone been to the new Boysroom? The old Boysroom was absolutely my favourite spot in NY, a bit sleazy, good mix of guys, fantastic music. Next in NYC next month... worth a trip to the new spot?
Old Sep 19, 2006, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I'm not a local but I thought that Therapy was really cool, although not really a club. A great place to go for an evening though.

Only been to Roxy once and I really enjoyed it as a first-timer. Could be a good option if you are into specific DJ's - check the schedule.

Splash is overpriced and overrated.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:14 am

I Agree

Originally Posted by seanp7
Splash is overpriced and overrated.
Splash is very popular but I find it depressing.

G's Bar on the West 19th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues is hip and friendly. However, there is not a lot of space and it can get crowded during the peak times. The police department has posted a warning there about pickpockets, which makes sense if you are cramped together with strangers and loosened up by a few drinks. All said, G's must be one of the best gay bars in New York.

By the way, about a month and a half ago, the police closed down several New York gay bars in one night because of widespread drug dealing. It was like Kristallnacht!

Hope everyone enjoys New York.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 3:16 pm

Pyramid

If you like 80's music, there's Pyramid in the East Village on Ave A. Its a fun place to go to on Fridays, nice crowd and it's got a 'small town' feeling. Small place, dark dance floor and no attitude crowd. Gotta pay $8 to get in... I love their music!

Agree with Therapy and XES as cool places to go to... there was this party 'The Hole' on Thursdays in the EV too, underground dive bar which had open bar (all night long, yes!!!), a lil crazy place but cool people and good deal. They closed down a few months ago... After The Hole, I've never seen a good deal like that in NYC. Somebody ever went to? Do you know if this will come back?
Old Oct 1, 2006, 4:12 pm

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
Originally Posted by JCinNYC
If you like 80's music, there's Pyramid in the East Village on Ave A. Its a fun place to go to on Fridays, nice crowd and it's got a 'small town' feeling. Small place, dark dance floor and no attitude crowd. Gotta pay $8 to get in... I love their music!
I spend every Friday night that I'm in the city @ 1984 (the name of the party at the Pyramid on Fridays). I even used to go to it when it was at the Crowbar on E. 10th St. Here's a link to their website -- http://spincyclenyc.com/1984/
Old Oct 20, 2006, 9:59 pm

Programs: UAL - 1K (1MM), SPG/Marriott - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Hertz - Gold, National - Exec Elite
I'd say.. I like G Lounge.. Web on Fri, Roxy on Sat, and Avalon on Sun...
If it's first week of the month go to D-List party.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by mrnum
I'd say.. I like G Lounge.. Web on Fri, Roxy on Sat, and Avalon on Sun...
If it's first week of the month go to D-List party.
Is the DList party affilitated with the Dlist.com site?
Old Oct 22, 2006, 8:32 pm

Programs: UAL - 1K (1MM), SPG/Marriott - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Hertz - Gold, National - Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Gay_Traveler
Is the DList party affilitated with the Dlist.com site?
Yes, it is. As the matter of fact, you will have to check on dlist.com for the event date and location.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by mrnum
Yes, it is. As the matter of fact, you will have to check on dlist.com for the event date and location.
Cool I will!
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Clubs in NY are WAY too spread out. And NY is just too cold. My feet are on fire now from all the walking trying to sample all the clubs. In most cities the clubs are more centralized. XES had just a handful of people so hardly worth the effort. Ironically Eagle and Rawhide were two of the most croded but not exactly classy places.
Went to the Roxy about 11 pm and was astonished by a $30 general admission charge - $60 for two. I know this is NY but that is insane. We promptly turned around and left. Just went to the website and they advertised $15 before 1 am. What a scam. But more amazing was how people just piled in without even thinking twice about the cover. What has to world come to? Is it because they allow people under 21?
Old Feb 25, 2007, 7:23 am

Welcome to the big city.

I understand Roxy is about to close. You might as well go see it while you can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.