Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gay Disney 2007

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by rrgg
Everyone's single, even the couples.

I've only been once, but really, there's no way this is a couples-only event. Lots of young guys, and very fun.
It depends on where u go i guess... U might find more MBA, PBA, CBA (married, partnered, or committed but available) at hotel events than at park events...

Went to all the designated days at all four parks last year... Was a great experience... Saw an old mm couple holding hands while walking in the park... That is deeply engraved in my mind till this day...

My bf then couldn't make it to the g-days due to an award that was presented to him by his univ's GLBT group... How ironical...

I ended up holding my best friend's hand thru out the park... And that was just as great...
Old Apr 9, 2007, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SingaPaul
Saw an old mm couple holding hands while walking in the park... That is deeply engraved in my mind till this day...

I ended up holding my best friend's hand thru out the park... And that was just as great...
Awwwww....sweet!
Old Apr 9, 2007, 12:11 pm

Just to be clear, I was not saying it's only for singles and open-relationship-couples. I'm just saying it's a fun weekend where both couples and singles will fit in.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
I booked my air tix yesterday: In Friday afternoon, out Monday morning.

Do I need to buy any party tickes now, or can I not worry about this until next month?

Last edited by Wireless; Apr 13, 2007 at 1:38 pm
Old Apr 13, 2007, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Wireless
I booked my air tix yesterday: In Friday afternoon, out Monday morning.

Do I need to buy any party tickes now, or can I not worry about this until next month?

You can buy next month (the venues are really big so I don't think there is an issue with selling out). However, would not wait much past May 1 in order to sufficiently allow for delivery. Going to order mine by the end of this month.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 2:15 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
delete

Last edited by tmorse6570; Sep 13, 2007 at 11:41 pm
Old Apr 15, 2007, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tmorse6570
Anyone receive party tickets yet? The One Mighty Party site said they would begin shipping on April 1st.
I may be mistaken, but I bought the weekend pass and I can just pick it up in Orlando at the hospitality room in the hotel or something.

If there was a slight chance to loose the tickets between now and them....I would.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
delete

Last edited by tmorse6570; Sep 12, 2007 at 11:41 pm
Old Apr 22, 2007, 4:22 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Gay Disneyland Day in HK

Source: Fridae

DISNEY GAY DAY
Wear something Red and be gay at the Magic Kingdom! Conjunction with other local gay event, we have set April 28th as the second Gay Day at Hong Kong Disneyland.

Here are a few meeting points:

10:00am: Enter the Park & Breakfast at the Corner Cafe
12:00noon: Festival of the Lion King Show
12:45pm: Lunch at the Royal Banquet Hall
13:15pm: Meet in front of the Castle for Parade Viewing
15:15pm: The Goldern Mickys Show
20:00pm: Fireworks viewing from Main Street

Attendees are advised to purchase tickets in advance online.

And don't forget the following day, there's Floatilla, 20-some boats are expected to sail out to sea, and Labour Day Party on 30th of April.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 11:30 am
aeo

More hotel info?

Hi folks,

I'm going down to gay days for the first time this year (in part after reading the glowing reviews of the event in this forum), and I hope someone is willing/able to give a little more advice on hotels. The two "official" hotels (the ones that are hosting the pool parties) are booked up, but the overflow hotels (some of them, anyway) still have some space. I have reservations now at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista that is apparently near the gaydays hotel. Still, I remember fondly from my childhood days staying at the Polynesian and wouldn't mind going back there this time, especially since I'm coming with a freind who has never done the Disney thing. Neither my friend nor I are all THAT interested in the pool parties or constant madness and expect to spend at least a few hours each day at the hotel; on the other hand, we don't want to be completely separate from all action (and don't want to find ourselves some of the only gays at our hotel). I think a mixture of scene and quiet is desirable (as is easy access to the parks - we'll most certainly be at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday). So I guess the question is: even if we stay at a Disney resort that is not officially affiliated with either of the two main sponsors, will we still feel a part of things? Will there be gays generally around? Will we feel isolated? And is the main focus of the weekend, hotel-wise, only on the Royal Plaza and Buena Vista Palace and the overflow spaces?

Thanks for any advice!
Old Apr 23, 2007, 11:46 am

I stayed at the Disney resort last year... Well, there are a few red-shirted people... but majority are families... I felt kinda intimidated on the saturday when my group of friends and I were wearing red and on our way to magic kingdom... But surprizingly, those families around us weren't bothered by it... and even strike up a few friendly chats on the way there...

If u are just keen on doing the parks and taking a few peeks on the party scene, then the resort might be a good option for u... They provide transport from airport to the resort and vice versa and transport to all the parks as well... And on certain days, u can go to the park earlier or stay there later as it is exclusive to resort guests only... which is a good idea if u want to get a jump start to those attractions with super long line...

And when u need to figure out what it is like at the host hotel, just grab a cab there... and the best part is that, when u are exhausted, u are able to get some sleep under the spell of the dizzy's magic!!!

Originally Posted by aeo
Hi folks,

I'm going down to gay days for the first time this year (in part after reading the glowing reviews of the event in this forum), and I hope someone is willing/able to give a little more advice on hotels. The two "official" hotels (the ones that are hosting the pool parties) are booked up, but the overflow hotels (some of them, anyway) still have some space. I have reservations now at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista that is apparently near the gaydays hotel. Still, I remember fondly from my childhood days staying at the Polynesian and wouldn't mind going back there this time, especially since I'm coming with a freind who has never done the Disney thing. Neither my friend nor I are all THAT interested in the pool parties or constant madness and expect to spend at least a few hours each day at the hotel; on the other hand, we don't want to be completely separate from all action (and don't want to find ourselves some of the only gays at our hotel). I think a mixture of scene and quiet is desirable (as is easy access to the parks - we'll most certainly be at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday). So I guess the question is: even if we stay at a Disney resort that is not officially affiliated with either of the two main sponsors, will we still feel a part of things? Will there be gays generally around? Will we feel isolated? And is the main focus of the weekend, hotel-wise, only on the Royal Plaza and Buena Vista Palace and the overflow spaces?

Thanks for any advice!
Old Apr 23, 2007, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by aeo
I'm going down to gay days for the first time this year (in part after reading the glowing reviews of the event in this forum), and I hope someone is willing/able to give a little more advice on hotels.
Congrats on choosing to go this year. The weekend can be so much fun it all depends on what you make of it. The first couple of years I went, in the mid-90's, I made some mistakes (like staying at a motel in Kissimmee) and found my self pretty isolated from the festivities.
There is nothing wrong with staying at a Disney Resort particularly since the two host hotels are sold out and probably provides the best value since it is still technically not high season yet. Just realize the resorts will primarily have regular families staying there. It will make it much easier for you to go to the parks particularly on Saturday. Saturday will feel electric at the resorts located along the monorail as thousands of red-shirted celebrants jam on it to visit the park and some may even stop at the Polynesian for a quick drink.
If you want to limit yourself here is what I would do:
1) Saturday at Magic Kingdom would be a must do for you.
2) If you stay at the Disney Resort you will probably want to do Epcot on Sunday and another park on Friday like MGM or Animal Kingdom.
3) Choose at least one night event to attend between either Beach Ball (which I guarantee you will love unless you just hate water) or MGM’s One Mighty Party. They are expensive at $85 each but if you are going to spend the money to be there anyway. Be sure to get to either event no later than when it is scheduled to begin.
4) If you want to check out what the pool parties are all about you can attend the free Expo at the Royal Plaza Hotel. While the pool parties cost a little extra, parking is free and you can at least check out the energy in the large lobby area to see if it is your thing. In the past I would not have not paid extra to attend their pool parties but this year the hotel sold out completely very early so I really do not know what to expect from them.
5) The “Reunion” pool parties at the Buena Vista Palace hits its peak each day after 2 pm and shuts down promptly at 6 pm. You would need to purchase a daily pass (or weekend pass if you feel motivated) to experience this very popular event. This most closely resembles a circuit party by the pool with expensive hotel drinks to match but is a lot more relaxed than a circuit party. It use to be exclusively a “stand and pose” kind of event when it was held back at the Hyatt years ago but has recently become more fun, open and diverse.
6) If you are in town on Thursday Mannequins at Pleasure Island is pretty much the only game in the area and is extremely crowded. This is event is fun a event for everyone is not at all a just hard core circuit event, however, the circuit crowd will enjoy its great music and amazing dance floor. Get there really early of you will be enjoying from the outside. Single Club Pleasure Island ticket is a bargain at around $10.

Last edited by westcoastman; Apr 23, 2007 at 2:40 pm
Old Apr 23, 2007, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

There is a Hilton Resort practically across the street from the Buena Vista Palace Hotel. Last year, there were lots of gays staying there as well. You'd be in the heart of things but still distanced for sanity.

I'll be at the BV Palace and be going absolutley crazy.

See ya' there!
Old Apr 23, 2007, 2:49 pm
aeo

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the great advice!! Incredibly helpful. I'll talk to my friend and see what we want to do. I bet we'll end up partying more than relaxing anyway, so maybe the Best Western is the place to go (the Hilton is sold out). Maybe a compromise is the Disney Saratoga resort, which is officially an overflow for the BV Palace and includes admission to the pool parties (I think).

Anyway, see you down there!
Old Apr 23, 2007, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by aeo
Maybe a compromise is the Disney Saratoga resort, which is officially an overflow for the BV Palace and includes admission to the pool parties (I think).
I had forgotten about that. It did not mention it because I am not yet sold on the fact that many gay folk will be staying there but including pool party passes is actually a big deal. Let us know if you find out the rates - after you put the room on hold of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.