Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Palm Springs Gayla IV, March 23-25, 2007. (The new, FINAL, defintive thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Palm Springs Gayla IV, March 23-25, 2007. (The new, FINAL, defintive thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by peteropny
Check out the Community forum - there are events almost every week somewhere in the world - most FTers are very GLBT-friendly.
I can attest to that having attended the Hola Do.I was there with a rather cute friend and he was being flirted with bigtime by,,,,, my lips are sealed(for a change!)
But it was a great bunch of folks and I had a great time.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Originally Posted by westcoastman
Slightly OT: FOOD: Went to a place called Bongo Johnny's Patio Grill for lunch on Sunday in Palm Springs. Both outdoor and indoor seating. Relatively small and casual but pretty crowded even at 3 pm and 100% gay. Excellent prices and good quality with hefty sandwiches and salads from $6-8. Less interesting to me were the dinner entrees at $15 (20% off from 3 - 6 PM). However, the hamburgers, sandwiches and salads are satisfying enough. Good location right in the heart of Arenas road and since Blame it on the Moon does not open till 5:00 PM it makes a good lunch stop. Wine - $4.50, well drinks - $4 and some draft beer at $3.50. Comparatively, everything on Arenas Road was dead at that midafternoon hour, except for Streetbar next door which is strictly a bar.
Oops... I didn't mean YOU were hijacking the thread.

I meant those other boys. ... they know who I meant.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 8:03 pm
In memoriam

Programs: United
Do we know yet the amount we're asked to send?
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:13 am

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
Do gays like babies?

Is the Desert Moon a gay hotel? Should we stay there or in a condo outside of town?

We will plan on being in the desert over this wknd, we being Lia and me, Lisa. Lisa & Lia, that's us!

What can we attend? Dinner and Brunch (Lia LOVES gift exchanges! - Hopefully there is another Darth Vadar mask there). What about the Martini Party?

Dad's working so its just us although I will try to encourage some very cute gay boys from my MB club to join us!!
Old Feb 16, 2007, 4:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by GoodKarmaGuy
Oops... I didn't mean YOU were hijacking the thread.

I meant those other boys. ... they know who I meant.
Oh thanks for clarifying. I thought it was a good place for my recent review but at first I felt I had crossed the line.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Originally Posted by lisamcgu
.....I will try to encourage some very cute gay boys from my MB club to join us!!
Doll, you did such a good job of that on our first Gayla, you are "IN" no matter what they look like now!

We LOVE kids... hey some of us HAVE kids! (Though, technically, I think this would be Lia's Second Gayla.)

The Desert Moon is full, I think so have them start you a waitlist. I have added you to the list as a +1/2.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH SEN
I'll miss you guys this year -- will be in Hong Kong. Tried to move the March 25 election for chief executive, but they wouldn't budge...
Old Feb 18, 2007, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nicholas
I'll miss you guys this year -- will be in Hong Kong. Tried to move the March 25 election for chief executive, but they wouldn't budge...
The nerve of them!

We'll miss you!

Along a different line, I think we have an room overflow to another place that is HOT. Some of you may wish to change your res. Letcha know tomoorow.

Also, their spa is closed... made back into a guest room. S'alright, we won't miss it.

Also, we will NOT be able to get the PayPal discount for which we were holding off. It is too iffy and no benefit unless you werer a targeted e-mail from PayPal.....

SO: Pay amounts will be posted as soon as peteropny (our treasurer and second banana for the event) gets back within peaceful internet access. Sadly, he is attending his dad's meorial service in BKK. Look for an update on this 2/27 or a day or two later.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Could you please change my reservation to a +1

Thank you.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 1:26 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

OK - updates from the "treasurer"

PayPal to [email protected] - or PM/e-mail me for other arrangements (Note: I'm out of the country and will not be checking - e-mail/PM often until 2/27 however).

Saturday dinner only - $41.50 including PayPal Fees
Saturday dinner and Friday party (for non-alcoholic drinkers - up to 1 alcoholic drink) - $51.80 including PayPal Fees
Saturday dinner and Friday party (for alcoholic drinkers - more than 1 alcoholic drink) - $62.10 including PayPal Fees

Additionally, apparently there are 5 rooms available at DesertMoon - GoodKarmaGuy will post more about that.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Ok... thanks Peter.

(A)
Everyone remember that the costs include:
1) paypal fees

2) Fri Night
..............ALL-YOU-CAN-DRINK-MARTINIS for $20
..............ONE-DRINK-OR-LESS for $10

and we are talking Ketel One, Starbucks coffee drinks and appetizers

3) Sat night
..............dinner: 3 dishes -one vegetarian- served family style
..............dessert
..............coffee
..............2 Drink each (well brands, of course )... 3 if you wear Mexican garb
..............Surprise Entertainment

We don't make any money off of this and really hope that you will have a great time.

(B)

The hotel is not closing their spa but now offers spa services in your room or poolside or on your patio if you would like.

Normally a 60 minute Swedish Massage is $80. I asked them to set up a "Saturday Spa Afternoon" for us with a 30 minute massage and/or a treatment or two offered and asked for a nice group rate. Is anyone interested? We could sit around in our saromgs, sip cool drinks and get pummeled. The prices will depend on the interest. Please post here.

(C)

bigguyinpasadena, David said to tell you that your upgrade came through? Hmmmm.... he better not have given you MY room!

(D)

HOW WE GOT TO "5 ROOMS NOW AVAILABLE": A couple cancellations of other parties. AND: The Desert Moon has added a vacation home rental to it's inventory. This is a 3-bedroom pool home a 3-block walk from the hotel. As the house is a single building and the bedrooms do not lock individually, it should be occupied by friends. Are there several of you who would like to do this? YOU MUST GO THROUGH ME! The hotel is asking for a 3 night minimum occupancy but I might be able to negotiate that. 3-nighters will have first pick. WE WILL PROBABLY MOVE THE MARTINI PARTY HERE SO IF YOU ARE THINKING OF STAYING HERE NOTE: I will be setting up there all afternnon and will clean up a lot of it the NEXT day. (It should not affect you at all).
Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Plat
(B) "Saturday Spa Afternoon"
You can count me in for at least one service if this event proceeds.

(D) "3-bedroom Pool Home" Is that Fri-Sat-Sun nights?

(A) 2 Drink[s] each... 3 if you wear Mexican garb.
?does made in Mexico count, or one of the t-shirts I bought in CUN?
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bluesincenew
(B) "Saturday Spa Afternoon"
You can count me in for at least one service if this event proceeds.

(D) "3-bedroom Pool Home" Is that Fri-Sat-Sun nights?

(A) 2 Drink[s] each... 3 if you wear Mexican garb.
?does made in Mexico count, or one of the t-shirts I bought in CUN?
<sigh>

(I miss you guys! )

And am I the only one that thinks that airport code "CUN" needs to be changed?

Anyway:

-Mexican garb means someething that LOOKS Mexican. So the T-shirt is out, Butch. Also, everybody please be respectful of the venue and their employees and don't wear anything that is weird. missydarlin and Wireless, this means the sombreros STAY HOME. As a courtesy to some of you (you know who) I will also welcome anything that Betty Suarez has worn on the "Ugly Betty" show.

-Ok, 1 for the spa treatments (you could prob take your 1/2 into one, also, I am thinking?). 3 or 4 with me and my guests. Hmmmm... I wonder if they wax??

The poolhome is prob best for Fri-Sat-Sun, yes. Reason: for us to utilize it they will keep it empty...as basically they cannot rent it for the week before and after. So the pool heater will be turned on on Friday morning, etc., etc.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Here is the link for the house. Seems like it would be cheaper to rent by the house but remember we get discounts for shoulder dates so $119/room is only for Fri Sat.

http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/vac/279976398.html

REMEMBER this must be reserved through me AFTER you have made your room reservation.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, AS 100K, SPG LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I'm interested in the spa afternoon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.