Wiki Posts
Search

Montreal Pride...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2006, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *Wood Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold, UA 1K
Montreal Pride...

Anyone going? Montreal Pride also conincides with World Outgames and the closing party is on Saturday 5 Aug.

What is anyone attending? Staying? We're at the W on cash and points!
Old Jul 14, 2006, 8:56 pm

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
I'll be there for part of the time, though I'm not sure when. I have a pied--terre in Mtl (that's French for "pied--terre"), but the W is right by my (occasional) office and it's great. Let me know if you need any pointers.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:31 am

Programs: United Global Services, UA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Yes, we're going, arriving on the 3rd for 5 nights.

I have stayed at the W three or four times in the past...you'll enjoy it. I do a lot of business in Montreal and it's a great place to be when I need some relaxing downtime. When I'm there with my friends, however, we are almost NEVER in the hotel and don't like to pay the price for it (although the Cash and Points deal is good....I'm a miser with my *W points, however). We also prefer staying someplace closer to the Village when we're just there for fun. I'm not sure if you've spent much time in Montreal or what you're planning on doing, but the good thing about the W is that it's quite centrally located in the CBD, so you've got easy access to just about everything.

Should be a fun time! Can't wait...
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
From what I heard when I was up there last weekend, the outgames had to give back ALOT of hotel rooms, so priceline deals may be easy to come by.

Also, don't pay full price for the closing ceremony tickets if you can... For the opening scalpers had them well below face value.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 2:14 am

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
I am arriving in the evening of Wednesday 2 August, staying through Monday 7 August at Sheraton Four Points.

I have friends in Montreal as well, and was last there for Pride in 2004. I was really surprised to hear that this is the second year in a row that the parade was held during the evening AND at the beginning of Pride week.

Anyone there for the parade and what were your thoughts? My friends said that the locals are disappointed with this change. I have always enjoyed the parade in the past when it was during the day on the last day of a week of festivities...
Old Aug 2, 2006, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by NJTravelers
Anyone going? Montreal Pride also conincides with World Outgames and the closing party is on Saturday 5 Aug.

What is anyone attending? Staying? We're at the W on cash and points!
We'll be in W Montreal too, arriving Fri AM. What's the closing party like? I thought the parade was last weekend.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 8:06 am

I'll be there with a few friends from DC. Arriving thursday. Most likely doing the water polo finals and PARKING on friday. Closing Party saturday. And pride party sunday night.

Then hopefully sleeping all day MONDAY. I hear there is also a pool party thursday night, which in the recent heat might be a load of fun.

rich

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.