Community
Wiki Posts
Search

After Work Scene in SFO?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2006, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Exec.; UA One Million Mile Flier; AA Executive Platinum; AA One Million Mile Flyer
After Work Scene in SFO?

Will be in San Francisco July 6-9. Are there currently any bars there that have well attended, after work Happy Hours? Please advise. Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2006, 8:10 am

The funny thing about SFO is that because the city is so accepting in general, gays do not the need to segregate themselves to strictly gay bars when having after work cocktails. We are everywhere. My suggestion would be lounges in SOMA.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 9:44 am

Almost all the bars have a happy hour during the week - a couple on the weekends. From my experience, the Castro bars (Edge, Moby Dick, Midnight Sun) are busier "after work", and the SOMA bars are a bit busier later in the evening. I know that Midnight Sun, a video bar, has 2 for 1's until 6 or 7 during the week. The Edge gets a nice after work crowd too.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 9:55 am

SFO After Work

Afterwork really depends on where you are and what you want.

In the finacial district there is a bar called Ginger Tois that off the top of my head is on Kearney by Grant Street. (I know how to get there but forget the exact location). It is generally busy from late afternoon through early evening. Of course a number of the bars in the Castro get busy as well. The Midnight Sun is generally busy with a happy hour crowd and does 2 for 1 drinks.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
On Fridays, the Pilsner Inn on Church at Market is the place to be (next to Chow restaurant): http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/profile/899094

...and you should definitely walk around the corner to Mecca for some fancy drinks in an elegant space that is mostly gay at a wonderful bar-restaurant: www.sfmecca.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.