Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Koh Samui accommodation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2012, 9:15 am

Koh Samui Update?

Any recent info on Koh Samui and the gay traveler? Accommodation, activities, etc...
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Koh Samui accommodation

I'm looking for tips too! Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
And where best to meet People Like Us ?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:26 am

Programs: lh sen
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
And where best to meet People Like Us ?

I do not know what you are looking for?

Maybe W, IC, Renaissance or Four Seasons?

We did them but we always come back to a small budget resort on Chaweng:

http://www.montienhouse.com/rooms.html

Nice setting, nice staff, peaceful and quiet, nice food and in walking distance to the nightlife.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 6:02 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by carpetbagger
I do not know what you are looking for?
Places for nightlife etc., where one might meet gay (hence "People Like Us") Thais or travellers.

Splitting my stay between a hotel on Chaweng Beach and FS.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:28 pm

Programs: Priceline Titanium
also - a group of FTers (paging justforfun and dollaroff) was just there - and had a great stay at Le Meridien.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:01 am

Programs: lh sen
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Places for nightlife etc., where one might meet gay (hence "People Like Us") Thais or travellers.

Splitting my stay between a hotel on Chaweng Beach and FS.

Mint Bar (lounge upstairs), Ark Bar on the beach next to Montien and Solo as after hour. This are the decent places.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 2:10 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
also - a group of FTers (paging justforfun and dollaroff) was just there - and had a great stay at Le Meridien.
Le Meridien was good (not great). I had a mistake rate on the Pavillion Pool Villa, so I took it. (Otherwise, C&P is a great deal, though)

I knew about the mosquitoes, but I still got eaten alive in the hour while I was waiting for my bag (with the bug spray).

We went to one bar where the 4 of us were the only people there and it closed at midnight.
The gay beach wasn't so gay.

I'm not sure Koh Samui is the best place for a gay-old-time. It's OK.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by dollaroff
I'm not sure Koh Samui is the best place for a gay-old-time. It's OK.
not much to do/meet/see/have fun on Samui for ours....
Old Jan 30, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
My understanding is that Chawang has quite a few places to venture. I will have 2 nights at the IC on points (the # of points have gone down with the new point categories ) and be using my Accor certificate to stay another night at the Mercure.

Hoping for a nice surprise at the IC as I informed them this will be my partner's Bday
Old Jan 30, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Chaweng beach was pretty bad. Quite dirty, both the beach and the water. The town itself didn't fare much better. And if there was anything gay there, besides us, we completely missed it.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:03 am

Alfa resort

We will stay in Alfa gay resort next month.
the pool is cloting optional.
contact me if you wanna know how it was . Lol
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
I had a week on Koh Samui in December 2018 - apart from 3 days of rain i had a great time. I rented a car for 3 days - I got an amazing off peak rate at Saboey Resort - near the Big Buddha - which suited me as it was very peaceful. I enjoyed Fishermans Village and Market for dinner. I Drove all over the Island.

I had dinner in Chaweng on the Saturday night - it was a bit like Kuta in Bali - and went to the most popular bar which is very low key and dull. Locals who knew each other and not friendly to visitors.

If you are looking for a great massage - had an amazing massage spa treatment at a gay friendly www.emeraldgreensamui.com one of the best spa experiences I have ever had - totally legit.

Koh Samui is awesome for a laid back holiday but if you are looking for buzzy gay beaches and buzzy night life - not the place
Old Jan 20, 2020, 10:37 am

Koh samui

Originally Posted by adampenrith
I had a week on Koh Samui in December 2018 - apart from 3 days of rain i had a great time. I rented a car for 3 days - I got an amazing off peak rate at Saboey Resort - near the Big Buddha - which suited me as it was very peaceful. I enjoyed Fishermans Village and Market for dinner. I Drove all over the Island.

I had dinner in Chaweng on the Saturday night - it was a bit like Kuta in Bali - and went to the most popular bar which is very low key and dull. Locals who knew each other and not friendly to visitors.

If you are looking for a great massage - had an amazing massage spa treatment at a gay friendly www.emeraldgreensamui.com one of the best spa experiences I have ever had - totally legit.

Koh Samui is awesome for a laid back holiday but if you are looking for buzzy gay beaches and buzzy night life - not the place

emerald green spa was amazing. Really hot horny and naughty therapist.

we stayed in Alpha Gay Resort, clothing optional. Wzs very good and nice. Read ly review on tripadvisor. Was in april, lot of mosquito’s then....

it s a good place with some gay bars and massage places. Phuket is better. We did 5 days chang mai, 5 days phuket, 5 days koh samui and 5 days bangkok, wich was a good choice

in bangkok, go to their foamparty if you can. It s only on NYE and songkran, so only twice a year. But lot s of foam and lot s of touching in the foam. Most were naked..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.