Wiki Posts
Search

Boston - Merged

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2006, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Ibotta, Southwest A-List
Boston - Merged

I am coming to the Boston area in April and was wondering what nightclubs are fun and what nights are busy for the club scene. I am looking forward to my first experience in Boston!
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:51 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Ahh....Boston. Very fond memories from my college years...

I'll give a cursory rundown, however, I'm sure my advice is well out of date.

Machine - 1260 Boylston (or thereabouts) - Friday Nights were the nights of my stomping ground. :-) Good music. (if Darrin is still the DJ).

Avalon - Landsdowne St. - Sunday nights are the big gay night. One of the largest clubs in town. When I was still living in BOS, it was always 21+. Now I hear it's 18 or 19+...seems to have attracted a different crowd.

Buzz - Stuart St. (I think...) in the Theatre Dist. - Saturday nights. Big dance club, 2 floors. Good house music, but haven't been there in a very, very long time.

Club Cafe - Columbus Ave & Berkeley st. - This is a video bar/lounge. Very fun, and easy to meet people. There is music, but you can actually hold a conversation. People will come here first before going out elsewhere.

I also have heard about a new place called Rumor? Can any BOS locals provide any info about that?

Also, what's the latest on Rise? Is it still open?
Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

paging ClubKid PHLbuddy..
Old Jan 25, 2006, 8:43 am

I know nothing.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 8:51 am

Programs: SPG Gold; HHoners Gold; Hyatt Diamond; AA Plat
Below is the list of all clubs in boston from The Phoenix. Most club dense areas are Lansdowne (behind Fenway Park) and aroung the Theater ditrict (The Alley, Caprice, etc.)

Look around the website, it might be what you are looking for

http://www.bostonphoenix.com/ple/mus..._directory.asp
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RChavez
Ahh....Boston. Very fond memories from my college years...

I'll give a cursory rundown, however, I'm sure my advice is well out of date.

Machine - 1260 Boylston (or thereabouts) - Friday Nights were the nights of my stomping ground. :-) Good music. (if Darrin is still the DJ).

Avalon - Landsdowne St. - Sunday nights are the big gay night. One of the largest clubs in town. When I was still living in BOS, it was always 21+. Now I hear it's 18 or 19+...seems to have attracted a different crowd.

Buzz - Stuart St. (I think...) in the Theatre Dist. - Saturday nights. Big dance club, 2 floors. Good house music, but haven't been there in a very, very long time.

Club Cafe - Columbus Ave & Berkeley st. - This is a video bar/lounge. Very fun, and easy to meet people. There is music, but you can actually hold a conversation. People will come here first before going out elsewhere.

I also have heard about a new place called Rumor? Can any BOS locals provide any info about that?

Also, what's the latest on Rise? Is it still open?
Rise is open.

Any interest in leather bars? Check out the Ramrod and The Alley.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
I know nothing.
Shocking!
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
There's also Paradise in Cambridge, next to MIT. You'll find a mix of students and neighborhood types. Downstairs on Thu-Fri-Sat nights is dancing, and upstairs are, uh, go-go's. The other nights it's just a video bar.

Boston is home to some of the best bars that have closed in recent years: Buddy's on Boylston Street, Bobby's on Cambridge Street, and the legendary Chaps on Stuart Street (the latter is where I met my partner!).
Old Jul 27, 2006, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Rise is open.

Any interest in leather bars? Check out the Ramrod and The Alley.
Do tell more! Is this a place to "hang out" and have fun???
Old Jul 28, 2006, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I'm a boston person, for the next three weeks anyway. All the places you listed above are true. I haven't heard of Rumor. I tend to go to Club Cafe, sometimes machine, and i really should go to Paradise to dance more.

There is a new BUZZ that just opened, but i thought the madonnarama i went to there was boring.

Feel free to ask for more advice.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 11:04 pm
BCH

Originally Posted by catwood
I'm a boston person, for the next three weeks anyway. All the places you listed above are true. I haven't heard of Rumor. I tend to go to Club Cafe, sometimes machine, and i really should go to Paradise to dance more.

There is a new BUZZ that just opened, but i thought the madonnarama i went to there was boring.

Feel free to ask for more advice.
Oh really? When I lived in Boston, I used to enjoy BUZZ. Where is the new one? I'd love to go dancing there this week when I'm in town.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:17 am

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Boston Hotels & Scene

My BF & I are taking a vacation to BOS & P'Town at the end of August. Any hotel recommendations in Boston? Is there a 'Boystown' area in Boston? Thanks for the tips!
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:25 pm

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Nine Zero

Found the Nine Zero Hotel, 90 Tremont St. Anyone know it? It is pricey but looks nice. If it is near the Boston scene, so much the better. The Eliot also looks nice.

Anyone??
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:05 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I didn't answer initially because in Boston I stay at L'Hotel Chez Mom and haven't been out on the scene there much recently. My info may be a little dated.

As for Nine Zero, search the Luxury Hotels forum for reviews. The most recent one I recall panned it. As a friend of mine said last night, though not in reference to Nine Zero, "boutique is the new cozy; it means small rooms."

Nine Zero isn't particularly close to the South End, which is historically the Boys Town of Boston. Tremont Street starts downtown, runs along the Common, through the Theater District, then over the Pike into the South End. Nine Zero is on the downtown end of the street. The Theater District is home to some clubs, including the venerable Buzz, historically popular on Saturday nights. The South End has a lot of restaurants and some GGG-oriented shops, but for The Gays it's primarily a residential area (increasingly populated by Breeders, as you would suspect). If you're not with locals, you might know you're in the gay part of town but not necessarily feel very connected to it. There's another clutch of gay clubs in the Fenway District, plus the generally straight Avalon on Lansdowne Street holds (held?) a fiercely popular Sunday night dance event for boys.

There aren't really any hotels in the South End, save for a small one-off property whose name escapes me. Hotels in the Copley Square area would be walking distance to the South End and convenient to most everything. The RC Boston Common is on top of the Theater District, closer to the action than Nine Zero. Hyatt Regency (formerly Swissotel) is nearby the RC-BC and popular with flight crews, if that's your thing.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:32 am
Suspended

I agree, there is not much of a gay scene nor "BoysTown" in Boston.
There is a gay hotel in the South End, "The Chandler Inn," (http://www.chandlerinn.com/) and a guest house near Fenway, "The Oasis" (http://www.oasisgh.com/).

If I would be you, stay in P'Town

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.