Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

The New, Final, Definitive Thread for The PSP GAYLA DO III, March 24-26, 2006

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New, Final, Definitive Thread for The PSP GAYLA DO III, March 24-26, 2006

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2006, 8:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
No, no, no. Isn't there a later Sunday flight (or Monday a.m.)? You can't miss the Barracks!
The Barracks won't be missed if it was moved up to a more normal timeframe - say 4pm..?

I mean, what are people supposed to be doing between brunch and Barracks?
Old Jan 27, 2006, 8:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by izzik
The Barracks won't be missed if it was moved up to a more normal timeframe - say 4pm..?

Can you get the crowd there early? What are you doing all day Saturday? You can do the same on Sunday. Of course, I don't know whether Ieva can! Or, alternatively, talk to Peter. I'm sure he can be convinced to lead a caravan to Cabazon Outlet Mall!
Old Jan 27, 2006, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, DL former Gold, AA, SPG, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by izzik
Hmmm... This is Palm Springs we are talking about. After lunch you go to your clothing optional resort and make sure you get your "exercise" for the day.

After the Barracks, you get your "exercise" for the night...
Old Jan 27, 2006, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Seeksreal
Hmmm... This is Palm Springs we are talking about. After lunch you go to your clothing optional resort and make sure you get your "exercise" for the day.

That's what I said - thanks for saying it more clearly!
Old Jan 27, 2006, 8:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I don't think the "crowd" was the main appeal of the Barracks, IIRC.
Oh wait.. maybe it was the hot dogs.. or the cheap beer? No, it had to be that funny looking lesbian on the fence. That's it!

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Can you get the crowd there early?
Old Jan 28, 2006, 9:44 am
In memoriam

Programs: United
Palm Springs Info

Just noticed that the January 2006 issue of Guide Magazine has a feature on Palm Springs with updated information. Rainbow Cactus and Badlands are no more. New ownership, new names.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 12:17 pm

YUCK!!!! From what I've seen there. That's the last thing I wanna do. A few of us are going to drink and play golf. Notice which one I listed first
Old Jan 28, 2006, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Originally Posted by umguy
YUCK!!!! From what I've seen there. That's the last thing I wanna do. A few of us are going to drink and play golf. Notice which one I listed first
Can we get better beer this time?
Old Jan 28, 2006, 6:27 pm

What's wrong with bud light? You act like we were drinking the beast.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 11:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SeeYa
BTW, this is my official confirmation of attendance.
^ I'm so glad I'll get to meet you.

But won't you be riding your horse?

Nobbi
Old Jan 30, 2006, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
Originally Posted by Nobbi
^ I'm so glad I'll get to meet you.

But won't you be riding your horse?

Nobbi
Hmmmm, a more prudent person would just ignore this comment.
But, no. Tough to pack in the carryon. Never mind the mess....

Oh, and I am really looking forward to meeting my "Santa" in person.

Last edited by SeeYa; Jan 30, 2006 at 10:07 am
Old Jan 30, 2006, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall

Oh, and talking about prudence, some of us not only will not be displayed at clothing optional resorts, but should not.

Now those shopping options sound interesting......
Old Feb 2, 2006, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Well, things are moving along!

We are signing up entertainment for Saturday night dinner and I am so excited that if I was as campy as RChavez (see FLL thread) I would pee on myself!

So far we have requests for strippers, drag queens, fireman, flight attendants and pilots.

Calling all L's! Will there be any L's there????

I will definitly consider some female strippers if dhammer53 orrbernheim or any L's attend!

Also, I was thinking of doing something for the Friday Night Martini Party. Hmmmm.... Maybe a combo-band? Maybe Cirque de Soleil models posed in the trees? Door prizes? Gifts?

Any other requests?
Old Feb 2, 2006, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by GoodKarmaGuy
So far we have requests for strippers, drag queens, fireman, flight attendants and pilots.
At risk of having to wrestle Missy for him (them?), I also want to give a big thumbs up to the fireman idea (heck, I don't even care if he strips or not.) Hmm...a big strong guy with a couple of days' growth of beard...Oh, wait, this is public space -- better stop the fantasy. OTOH, I suppose that the wrestling (or would it be a cat fight?) could be viewed as part of the entertainment.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by dfwoods
At risk of having to wrestle Missy for him (them?), I also want to give a big thumbs up to the fireman idea (heck, I don't even care if he strips or not.) Hmm...a big strong guy with a couple of days' growth of beard...Oh, wait, this is public space -- better stop the fantasy. OTOH, I suppose that the wrestling (or would it be a cat fight?) could be viewed as part of the entertainment.
My goodness, first I read of your rendevous at Bally's HC, now this. I'm shocked, shocked!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.