Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to go in NY

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 9:53 am

New York is the most romantic city on earth!

Originally Posted by JS
My recommendation is to go to another city if at all possible. Otherwise the TV might not be so bad.

The rude replies you got in this thread are indicative of the type of people who live there -- snotty, rude, pretentious jerks. That plus the filthy streets, prices double what is normal, high taxes and over-regulation makes NYC the last place I would recommend for anyone to visit, whether gay or straight.
"When you caught between the moon and New York City, the best that you can do is fall in love"

For God's sake, Liza lives in New York!!!

PS Try G Lounge in Chelsea on West 19th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues. In general, start with the Chelsea scene and work your way from there (which is really the 8th Avenue strip between West 23rd Street and West 14th Street).
Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by vincom
This is the end and change of an era in gay life in NYC I think too, but thats a short novel to post... \
I think so - over the past 10 years, it seems bars and clubs have closed at a faster pace than they are replaced. Also, gay chat rooms and hook-up sites have grown in popularity, taking business away from bars/clubs.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:29 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by anonplz
I think so - over the past 10 years, it seems bars and clubs have closed at a faster pace than they are replaced. Also, gay chat rooms and hook-up sites have grown in popularity, taking business away from bars/clubs.

Indeed, the "Mega Clubs" and quality Bars have closed/ are closing or have closed in numbers. Not many real replacement - and todays replacments are a joke at best...

Its not just the venues anymore too, people are different. its damn hard to put together a good party or good anything these days no one wants to go...

-vincent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.